Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    anyone else think were playing more focused and determined on the road than at home lately ? SH, DePaul, St Johns vs Marquette meltdown. All of our remaining games are going to be tough. Prov and GT are gonna be alley fights. I think we need to get to 9 BE wins to feel decent about our chances. 10 would be stupendous.
    That was focused last night? LOL Determined and resilient.......yes

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    To be honest, in the Mack era Xavier was a bubble team around this time of year more often than we'd care to admit.
    Yeah, but they also performed much better as a bubble team, unfortunately lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    True....give me a 10,11 or 7 though. I think there is a gigantic drop off after the 1 seeds and frankly I'd rather x just not play any of them. I know people poo poo sdsu and gonzaga because God forbid they dont play in a top conference. However both of them look to me like pretty complete teams.

Getting ahead of myself but just saying, if x is going to make the tourney, might as well be in a position to advance as much as they can.
    I would also not want Gonzaga, we don't have a very good record against them, something about Gonzaga man, well coached team, definitely likeable, but absolute pain in the ass when we match up with them.

Gonzaga is also always absurdly talented. That's the main reason they routinely rip us to shreds.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I'm with you, let's not go crazy. Just kind of funny that X's bubble profile is kind of missing the two classic factors that put you on the bubble: lack of a marquee win and head-scratching losses.
    Yeah that Seton Hall win and lack of a "bad loss" is going to be huge for us if we are bubblish come selections Sunday. Keep winning though and its all moot as we will be solidly in.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I would also not want Gonzaga, we don't have a very good record against them, something about Gonzaga man, well coached team, definitely likeable, but absolute pain in the ass when we match up with them.
    Bracketology I saw today on ESPN had us a 10 seed in the same bracket as 11 seed UC and 3 seed Louisville.

Could you imagine X pulling a couple upsets and and waiting for the winner of UC/Louisville in the Sweet 16??

I would be cheering hard for Louisville because I couldnt bear the possibility of losing to UC and sending them to the Elite 8. I'd fear losing much more than enjoy winning in that scenario.

My buddy texted me this about that possibility:

"I would rather Mack beat our brains in, tell the press he regrets his time at Xavier, and confirm Sumner took money than lose to UC."
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Walk-On
    To be honest, in the Mack era Xavier was a bubble team around this time of year more often than we'd care to admit.
    Xavier made 8 NCAA appearances in Mack’s 9 years from 2010 through 2018. 2013 was the only year we missed. We were seeded as follows: 6, 6, 10, 12, 6, 2, 11 and 1. Arguably, we were a bubble team in 3 or 4 of those 9 years. Seems like a pretty damn good run to me.

All-Conference
    As much as I enjoy beating UC, meeting them in a meaningful NCAA tournament game would be 2 hours of torture.

Thankfully, UC has sucked more than anyone else in the tournament the past 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Bracketology I saw today on ESPN had us a 10 seed in the same bracket as 11 seed UC and 3 seed Louisville.

Could you imagine X pulling a couple upsets and and waiting for the winner of UC/Louisville in the Sweet 16??

I would be cheering hard for Louisville because I couldnt bear the possibility of losing to UC and sending them to the Elite 8. I'd fear losing much more than enjoy winning in that scenario.

My buddy texted me this about that possibility:

"I would rather Mack beat our brains in, tell the press he regrets his time at Xavier, and confirm Sumner took money than lose to UC."
    I 100% agree with the sentiment, on the off chance we lose the Bearkittens would be absolutely insufferable. Plus, I'd love to match-up with Louisville, you'd have to think the Core 4 would be insanely pumped up for that game, and even if we lost, I could stomach losing to Louisville, there's no way in hell I could stomach losing to UC.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    As much as I enjoy beating UC, meeting them in a meaningful NCAA tournament game would be 2 hours of torture.

Thankfully, UC has sucked more than anyone else in the tournament the past 15 years.
    257th out of 257 team participants. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....HA!!
    And Clifton Community College fans were still defending YTG.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell