Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    But I for one would love to punish VD again. Just need to pull off a few more wins and we may get our chance. Win at Butler and X is flirting with the 7-8 line

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Is there really any reason for The best coach ever to leave Xavier? The more I think about it and see what Mark Few has done at Gonzaga the more I hate that bald headed prick down south. It’s your dream job to coach Louisville? I can’t wait to watch you get knocked out early this year. After watching VD today I would like to play them in the tournament. They are a paper tiger. They have sweet 16 ability for sure but is that consider good anymore?
    I haven’t watched VD play this season. I have caught their scores, running on the ticker on TV or in the newspapers. Especially with respect to their very weak A10 schedule, they certainly don’t appear to be dominating that conference with respect to scoring margins.

We would probably only beat them by 10 this year instead of by 29.
    X A V I E R

Getting back to the original question and thread title, nothing Dayton or Louisville does really has any impact at all on our NET or our overall tournament chances.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

[QUOTE=xubrew;666354]Getting back to the original question and thread title, nothing Dayton or Louisville does really has any impact at all on our NET or our overall tournament chances.[/

Unless Wake would face and beat Louisville in the ACC tourney, then it could...

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I haven’t watched VD play this season. I have caught their scores, running on the ticker on TV or in the newspapers. Especially with respect to their very weak A10 schedule, they certainly don’t appear to be dominating that conference with respect to scoring margins.

We would probably only beat them by 10 this year instead of by 29.
    They did take Kansas to OT in the Maui Invitational, and only lost by 6, I don't know, would be interested into seeing who'd match up with Toppin, since he can go inside and outside, if you put Naji on him he's gonna get bullied in the post, if you put Rique on him, will he be agile enough to contain him on the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Getting back to the original question and thread title, nothing Dayton or Louisville does really has any impact at all on our NET or our overall tournament chances.
    We're up to 45 in the NET now though, definitely improved the hell out of our tournament chances from that 3 game streak, file that in: you gotta love it.

Sophomore
    I just looked at Wake box, Scruggs great game and Dahmir Bishop had 2 and played a bit..Freemantel 1 and KyKy 0-4 with no points. How things have changed.[QUOTE=xavierj;666360]
    Getting back to the original question and thread title, nothing Dayton or Louisville does really has any impact at all on our NET or our overall tournament chances.[/

TCU’s current slide has affected our ranking as well. Think they dropped 30 spots to 80 over the last several weeks and bringing our Q1 win to Q2.

Supporting Member
    Think x would jump significantly into the 30s if they happen to get past Butler but think that is a tough order at hinkle. We shall see!

Would love to go 2-0 over the next 8 days and give themselves a bit of a cushion but think the team can afford to go 1-1.

Feels that the season has been so long yet so short at the same time---odd.

Yes, but not really. The impact would be so small that it's pretty much of no consequence. It's a small part for one of the five variables that goes into the NET. If they used an adjusted efficiency rating instead of just a straight up efficiency rating then it would have a small impact on two of the variables, but even with that it wouldn't matter much.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Yes, but not really. The impact would be so small that it's pretty much of no consequence. It's a small part for one of the five variables that goes into the NET. If they used an adjusted efficiency rating instead of just a straight up efficiency rating then it would have a small impact on two of the variables, but even with that it wouldn't matter much.
    So you have a link to the formula?