Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nothing to lose

Nothing to lose

There is one player that has not been mentioned in any threads. I watched some of his stuff on Youtube. Why not give Myles Hanson a chance to contribute? See what he can do. He looks athletic in warmups. He scored 40 in a high school game. At this point what's the downside?

Honestly, there's still a lot to lose. This is a bubble team with 8 KenPom Tier A games left on the schedule. The margin is obviously razor thin for this group, so no sense in spending possessions on a lottery ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Honestly, there's still a lot to lose. This is a bubble team with 8 KenPom Tier A games left on the schedule. The margin is obviously razor thin for this group, so no sense in spending possessions on a lottery ticket.
    A bubble team? I don't think so. I'm sorry, what have they done to make you think they're a bubble team? I don't care about the "weak bubble". This team is not making the tournament unless a miracle happens. Is is technically possible? Yeah, but so much has to change on the court for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    A bubble team? I don't think so. I'm sorry, what have they done to make you think they're a bubble team? I don't care about the "weak bubble". This team is not making the tournament unless a miracle happens. Is is technically possible? Yeah, but so much has to change on the court for that to happen.
    It's not that high of a bar to make the tournament, especially in the First Four era. You not caring about a weak bubble doesn't change that.

Feel free to list your 68 team field plus the next 10 or so at large teams. You'll be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Go Golston View Post
    There is one player that has not been mentioned in any threads. I watched some of his stuff on Youtube. Why not give Myles Hanson a chance to contribute? See what he can do. He looks athletic in warmups. He scored 40 in a high school game. At this point what's the downside?
    Just that these words were considered and typed is by definition, having nothing to lose. So, I agree with you, if X is somehow at this point, it really is rock bottom and there is nothing to lose.
    Last edited by vee4xu; 01-26-2020 at 06:33 PM.
    Pray the Rosary daily

It's not that high of a bar to make the tournament, especially in the First Four era. You not caring about a weak bubble doesn't change that.

Feel free to list your 68 team field plus the next 10 or so at large teams. You'll be surprised.
    Bubble not that weak right now. Xavier has basically no chance to make the tournament because they won't win any meaningful road games.

This conf is too tough they already lost home games and who they going to beat on the road ? G'Town ?

I thought this team would be good this year I was wrong.
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts

Quote Originally Posted by HenryMuto View Post
    Bubble not that weak right now. Xavier has basically no chance to make the tournament because they won't win any meaningful road games.

This conf is too tough they already lost home games and who they going to beat on the road ? G'Town ?

I thought this team would be good this year I was wrong.
    Always love when this guy shows up this time of year. Sorry the Buckeyes are trending bubble after such a great start, but big win for your Wildcats this year. Haven’t followed Cleveland State’s season I have to admit.

I think this team has a shot to win at DePaul, Georgetown, Providence and St Johns. Is it likely? Probably not but that’s not totally out there.

Regardless, there’s no reason to play Myles Hanson.

Precisely my point. With so many important games left, and knowing after 20 games what we are going to get every night, would it not be time to try something different? Perhaps give the dude 7 minutes a game to spell Marshall (so he doesn't have to play 37 minutes a night) just to see what he brings. With so many posters questioning the ability of the coaching staff to evaluate talent by continuing to play Jason Carter, isn't there a chance they've wiffed on their assessment of Hanson?

Supporting Member
    My gawd. This board has effing lost it

We also haven't tried a line up with Schrand, Singh, Cody, Swetye, and hey may as well burn Miles redshirt. Let's throw those 5 out there. I saw Singh hit 4 straight threes on youtube.com once.