Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'm a Lakers hater, so I was never a Kobe fan (in fact, I actively rooted against him in every game he ever played). Thus, his death certainly hasn't hit me as hard as it has others. However, the story in this tweet. Wow, everyone is complicated, but Kobe was certainly capable of doing some really great things.

https://twitter.com/truemira/status/...662004226?s=20
    same as you with the Kobe fandom over the years.

Holy crap awesome story and thanks for sharing. Guess you don’t know what you don’t know which sounds like he wanted it that way. Makes me respect him even more.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    It's been hard for me to think about much of anything else the last 24 hours other than this story, his daughter, his legacy and the other families involved. Quite honestly I was half watching the X game yesterday and half absolutely stunned and heartbroken. This morning the reality of the situation and tragedy really set in. If you are a fan of basketball Kobe Bryant has played a big part in your life. His love for his daughter and the passion they shared together makes this nothing short of cruel and crushing. Never thought I'd cry over the death of someone I never met before, but there I was yesterday and into today. One of the worst moments in pro sports history. What a tragedy for all of those involved.
    Yes my thoughts as well. It is surreal. I was not a Kobe fan but as a huge sports fan and NBA fan he was huge figure. I started to like him more late in his career and post retirement. Even as someone who didnt know him I find myself going through those beginning stages of grief. It is just hard to fathom. He seemed immortal. Larger than life figure. And then as a parent thinking about his daughter and what their final moments were like as a helpless father trying to protect his daughter. And his other kids and his wife. 2 of his children will never remember him. And those other kids and families. Two kids lost their sister and both their parents. And the assistant coach's husband spoke out, they have two kids. Just horrible for all involved.Prayers to all families.

I have been entrenched in all this coverage. Watched his last game, all the talk shows. Just still surreal. TNT was great tonight with Ernie and Shaq and Jerry West and Reggie Miller etc.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'm a Lakers hater, so I was never a Kobe fan (in fact, I actively rooted against him in every game he ever played). Thus, his death certainly hasn't hit me as hard as it has others. However, the story in this tweet. Wow, everyone is complicated, but Kobe was certainly capable of doing some really great things.

https://twitter.com/truemira/status/...662004226?s=20
    Amazing, thanks for sharing that.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yes my thoughts as well. It is surreal. I was not a Kobe fan but as a huge sports fan and NBA fan he was huge figure. I started to like him more late in his career and post retirement. Even as someone who didnt know him I find myself going through those beginning stages of grief. It is just hard to fathom. He seemed immortal. Larger than life figure. And then as a parent thinking about his daughter and what their final moments were like as a helpless father trying to protect his daughter. And his other kids and his wife. 2 of his children will never remember him. And those other kids and families. Two kids lost their sister and both their parents. And the assistant coach's husband spoke out, they have two kids. Just horrible for all involved.Prayers to all families.

I have been entrenched in all this coverage. Watched his last game, all the talk shows. Just still surreal. TNT was great tonight with Ernie and Shaq and Jerry West and Reggie Miller etc.
    Agreed on all of this.

The TNT watch last night was not an easy one, but it was fantastic. A lot of emotions even as a viewer. There was something horribly poetic about seeing the unstoppable Shaq cry on TV. The games will resume being normal and competitive in short time. I'm not sure if the league as we know it will ever fully be the same.
    Run the table.

Agreed on all of this.

The TNT watch last night was not an easy one, but it was fantastic. A lot of emotions even as a viewer. There was something horribly poetic about seeing the unstoppable Shaq cry on TV. The games will resume being normal and competitive in short time. I'm not sure if the league as we know it will ever fully be the same.
    What? Why?

The death of Kobe and the rest on that helicopter is sad but what are we even talking about?

Supporting Member
    There have been hundreds of articles and stories people have been telling over the last few days. I believe this is the best very quick story I have heard so far.

https://twitter.com/michaeleaves/sta...495633408?s=20
    Ugh that killed me. I have 3 and a half year old twins; one boy one girl. I cant ever imagine what or how vanessa and his other daughters are feeling. This just again puts things in perspective, all of the problems or stresses in life just dont matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    What? Why?

The death of Kobe and the rest on that helicopter is sad but what are we even talking about?
    Not that the game itself will change. My point was more the way in which people discuss and reflect on that era, arguably one of NBA's most important eras in terms of growth and certainly global impact, will never be viewed the same way. Just my thoughts, you're entitled to yours.
    Run the table.