Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    I actually think the offense was fairly complex at the beginning of the season and has since been simplified due to some poor execution and low BB IQ. That’s what I see anyways....

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Look this game sucked..creighton is a gawd awful matchup for this xavier team so whatever.

I know there is no reason to believe this because this team has not shown much this year but I think they can win the next 3 of 4....that puts them at 16-8 with at least a shot to be on the bubble. Make it happen x
    XVILLE -

Have you looked at the schedule? Of the next four games, we have Marquette (H), Seton Hall (A), Depaul (A) and Providence (H). I think we win 1 of those 4...likely home versus PC. This team doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to win on the road this year. Love your optimism, but I just don't see it with this team and this coaching staff.
    "Xavier born and Xavier bred, and when I am gone I will be Xavier Dead!"
    NJ!NP! 8/30/12

Well, we did improve 5 spots in the NET after the loss to Creighton.

Wonder how that works?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I don't want to be that fan who has no hope for now or in the future, but this team is really bad and it's not looking brighter for the future. Anyone who seems to think this will be a one or two year turn around right now is a homer. Watching this team go on a run would be awesome, but it would be the farthest from reality miracle to happen to X in awhile. I've read on here people trying to convince how this team is better than last year's team. What!?!? I'm trying to see it that way but, how could anyone possibly watch games and think that. Is Naji better than last year (IMO No), is Q (Definitely No), is Scruggs (IMO No), Tyrique (IMO Yes). So if people want to vent their frustrations on here don't call them out on it. Not everyone is going to have the "it's okay because we graduate players" attitude, and some people are just optimists. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Well, we did improve 5 spots in the NET after the loss to Creighton.

Wonder how that works?
    We dropped 4 spots, from 59 to 63, in the NET.

Guess it's a timing thing. I was going off Warren Nolan.

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2020/net
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamont Sanford View Post
    XVILLE -

Have you looked at the schedule? Of the next four games, we have Marquette (H), Seton Hall (A), Depaul (A) and Providence (H). I think we win 1 of those 4...likely home versus PC. This team doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to win on the road this year. Love your optimism, but I just don't see it with this team and this coaching staff.
    Yeah I looked. I know it's a stretch and not saying it is going to happen but i think they can beat Marquette at home, depaul on the road (they are much improved but it's still depaul) and providence. That puts them at 16-8 which gives them a shot. Those last 7 games are pretty damn daunting and they would need to go 4-3 which is a serious stretch.

I'd just like them to get into the position to have a chance and being 16-8 would at least do that in a somewhat realistic fashion.

Also, for those saying that basically the season is over and we have no chance etc. Let me just remind you that we were once 11-13 and 3-8 on the season last year and came up probably just one win short of getting into the first four. Just saying, lots of season left even though we haven't seen much from this group to give us hope.
    Last edited by Xville; 01-27-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Can we teach Kyky all the subtleties of the pick and roll in the next 48hrs?

Quote Originally Posted by RoseyMuskie View Post
    If there’s any glimmer, it’s that X still has five games against opponents it has performed historically well against - DePaul, Georgetown, and Butler.
    Even if we win all those, that gets us to a whopping 7 conference wins. Where do we get 2 or 3 more that might give us a chance at an at large bid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.