Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Odom can’t shoot which isn’t ideal, but seems like he makes up for it.

As for the kyky, holloway comparison I think it’s not totally off base. Kyky is much more of a shooter though. Tu was a solid shooter but made his living at the line. Kyky looks capable of doing that as well down the line. His ft shooting has been the weakest point of his game so far but that should change
    Yes, it does appear he is starting to become more comfortable driving. When he starts doing it a little more often in games and gets to the line a 5 more times, the comparison will be hard to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Odom can’t shoot which isn’t ideal, but seems like he makes up for it.

As for the kyky, holloway comparison I think it’s not totally off base. Kyky is much more of a shooter though. Tu was a solid shooter but made his living at the line. Kyky looks capable of doing that as well down the line. His ft shooting has been the weakest point of his game so far but that should change
    I wouldn't write off his shooting just yet. The kid isn't even on campus. Yes, his strengths look to be ball handling, speed, athleticism and leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Don’t forget Scruggs was a top 50 PG too.

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Ba...oup=HighSchool

I don’t care who starts at PG next year. I do agree Odom will be seeing time there even if he doesn’t start. Regardless who starts at PG, I just hope to see Scruggs in an X uniform next year (and Naji). We will badly need senior leadership next year.
    Yeah, I'm more so with you on hoping Naji and Scruggs come back. They haven't really shown anything to improve their stock from last season, I hope they come back for their Senior years just because it would make next year's team much better. Odom is going to be good, but the transition is always tough to tell, for a freshman PG to be awesome his first year, he has to be like a 5* top 10 recruit, and though Odom is very damn good, I think he'll still have some growing pains, like we see out of Kyky. Kyky is going to be damn good though when it's all said and done, so that's really a pretty good development arc to follow haha.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Yeah, I'm more so with you on hoping Naji and Scruggs come back. They haven't really shown anything to improve their stock from last season, I hope they come back for their Senior years just because it would make next year's team much better. Odom is going to be good, but the transition is always tough to tell, for a freshman PG to be awesome his first year, he has to be like a 5* top 10 recruit, and though Odom is very damn good, I think he'll still have some growing pains, like we see out of Kyky. Kyky is going to be damn good though when it's all said and done, so that's really a pretty good development arc to follow haha.

Yes. even if Odom is rolling from day 1, it would be ideal to have Scruggs (and Naji) come back so he and the other freshmen can learn the Xavier way from two senior leaders.

Adding Odom, Wilcher, and (Colby) Jones to Scruggs. Naji ans Tandy feels would pretty good. Dare I say we need the juniors to stay to help make sure the team does not struggle even more next year and lose the perception (previous teams and coaches have worked so hard to earn) as one of the upper tier teams in the BE... who is expected to make the tournament.

Yes. even if Odom is rolling from day 1, it would be ideal to have Scruggs (and Naji) come back so he and the other freshmen can learn the Xavier way from two senior leaders.

Adding Odom, Wilcher, and (Colby) Jones to Scruggs. Naji ans Tandy feels would pretty good. Dare I say we need the juniors to stay to help make sure the team does not struggle even more next year and lose the perception (previous teams and coaches have worked so hard to earn) as one of the upper tier teams in the BE... who is expected to make the tournament.
    I think Naji and Scruggs would benefit a lot from the roster construction next year since it seems by all means Wilcher and Jones can knock it down from deep, even if they played sparingly and added that threat it would open up the court a lot, not to mention Tandy is supposed to be a pretty good shooter too. Getting those two back seems like a long shot, but if they did choose that route, I'd feel a lot more comfortable with our roster next year, because without them we are going to be really damn young.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I think Naji and Scruggs would benefit a lot from the roster construction next year since it seems by all means Wilcher and Jones can knock it down from deep, even if they played sparingly and added that threat it would open up the court a lot, not to mention Tandy is supposed to be a pretty good shooter too. Getting those two back seems like a long shot, but if they did choose that route, I'd feel a lot more comfortable with our roster next year, because without them we are going to be really damn young.
    Yes. We are hearing all this recent talk about “The Xavier way” (i.e X players who play well in practice get the minutes in the game) but to me the real meaning of “The Xavier way” is to always have some upperclassmen who were important contributors on an X team that achieved major success: whether that team won a regular season conference title or made it to an elite 8 or sweet sixteen or even got past the first round of the tournament.

For me, I will become concerned (and maybe even a bit bummed) if we have a team where no one on the roster has experienced that special end of season/ post season feeling.

Naji and Scruggs have vowed to take X to a final 4. I am happy to keep them to that promise (or at least make the tournament and go on a little run) so that they can feel special and so that the young guys can be part of something special too and understand what will be expected of them once they become the upperclassmen on the X roster.

God I hope we never, ever lose that magical feeling. Let’s go Tyrique and Naji and Paul... and let’s get going Q. We need you guys to turn it up - You guys can still turn this season into something f’n special.

Let’s go X!!!

God I hope we never, ever lose that magical feeling. Let’s go Tyrique and Naji and Paul... and let’s get going Q. We need you guys to turn it up - You guys can still turn this season into something f’n special.

Let’s go X!!!

Magic feeling or whatever...I second that emotion.

I will root for Xavier always to win no matter what [which is why I have two firsts a second and a third in the pick-the-score - but am nowhere in the top 50].

But, for some reason there is not the angst of last year but still the niggling feeling that they will pull it together.

For whatever reason, I am not as sure that this team will do that. There's no tingle up and down my leg.

I hope like hell they do turn it around. I could really use the tingle.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Freshman
    Naji and Scruggs have vowed to take X to a final 4.
    [/B]
    With all due respect brother I think you've been drinking too much of the blue cool aid. Naji and Paul were major participants on a team last year that missed the dance. They are major participants on a team this year with what appears to be a similar trajectory. I'm not sure we should want either back next year. Let's move on with guys we hope can bring back a winning mentality.