Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I like the rebounding more than anything that this lineup brought. Some better ball movement at times. Having KyKy out there with his range is huge.

Still a good win considering Scruggs and Moore gave us next to nothing.

One of these games we will put it all together.

Not buying Q tweaking his knee. This was a game was to see what this team can do without him on the floor. I love the kid, but for crying out loud he is a momentum killer with his brick laying.
    kyky moves the ball around quicker as well. it helps our ball movement

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    comparing him to JP is fine. probably not a bad comparison, although i think mcclung is better personally. not sure why that means you want to punch him in the face. i'm not going to psychoanalyze it or really delve into racial aspects, i just get tired of people inevitably saying it about every decent white player like i said. so sue me. if you're really adamant about defending your right to want to punch college players in the face, go ahead.
    Obviously, nobody was going to get punched in the face. You chose to pretend to take that literally when it was clearly not the case, for some reason. JP was a fiery guy we loved when he was on our team, and we all said “I’d hate that guy if he was playing against us instead of for us.” More than any other guy on the team. More than Trevon, because he was just that kind of guy. I think that’s a fairly simple point to see. I’ll leave it at that.

Xavier's defense inched back up a bit to #30 in KenPom. The ragged offensive performance against a terrible defense dropped our offense down to #116.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Obviously, nobody was going to get punched in the face. You chose to pretend to take that literally when it was clearly not the case, for some reason. JP was a fiery guy we loved when he was on our team, and we all said “I’d hate that guy if he was playing against us instead of for us.” More than any other guy on the team. More than Trevon, because he was just that kind of guy. I think that’s a fairly simple point to see. I’ll leave it at that.
    i didn't take it literally at all. not sure where you're getting that. i'm glad you're letting it go. it's really not that serious. i wasn't impugning your character. it's just a trend in basketball commentary that i could do without

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Xavier's defense inched back up a bit to #30 in KenPom. The ragged offensive performance against a terrible defense dropped our offense down to #116.
    one of our better 3 point shooting nights (at 32% though that's not saying a lot) and turnover nights (only 10). 15 assists on 25 fgs is pretty solid. pretty bad from the field and the line though. if scruggs had his usual game, it'd have been a lot better
    Last edited by scoscox; 01-22-2020 at 09:41 PM.

i didn't take it literally at all. not sure where you're getting that. i'm glad you're letting it go. it's really not that serious. i wasn't impugning your character. it's just a trend in basketball commentary that i could do without
    Maybe if you don’t bring it up, it will be less of a thing.

Now, let’s hope tonight’s play is a sign of better things ahead!

We needed that win bad, and I'm glad we got it. That's the only analysis I really have, other than Tandy having himself a game. Hopefully he gains some confidence, and we come out and play tough against Creighton, some positives from this performance as well, but damn we needed that one bad.

I think this would've gone unnoticed had someone said that they wanted to punch a Deutero Malay player as opposed to a Caucasian player.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Maybe if you don’t bring it up, it will be less of a thing.

Now, let’s hope tonight’s play is a sign of better things ahead!
    it has no effect, alas

one of our better 3 point shooting nights (at 32% though that's not saying a lot) and turnover nights (only 10). 15 assists on 25 fgs is pretty solid. pretty bad from the field and the line though. if scruggs had his usual game, it'd have been a lot better
    Looking at the box score for games this year, Scruggs has many more games where he didn’t shoot the 3 well, than games where he did. Very inconsistent, feast or famine type 3 point shooter. Usually pretty good from 2, but not last night. Otherwise an OK game..5 assists, 3 blocks, only 1 turnover.