Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    Tough night for Scruggs shooting...2-15/1-6
    to have paul play this badly and still win comfortably is very good. he just couldn't get anything to fall tonight, but he played well i thought other than that. 5 assists, 3 rebounds, 3 blocks, and stayed out of foul trouble. he couldn't even hit layups there at the end. if he plays a little better it's a blowout.

the story is obviously kyky though. 7-13, 4-8 from 3, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 to, 18 pts. monster game

and it's not being talked about much on here, but the defense was much improved. held georgetown to their lowest total all season. their next lowest game was 60 @ providence when they didn't have mcclung. impressive effort from the guys on that end.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    does this need to be said about every white player? it couldn't be more annoying
    What the hell does THAT mean? Were you not watching the game? You don’t know me. You going THERE could not be more annoying.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    What the hell does THAT mean? Were you not watching the game? You don’t know me. You going THERE could not be more annoying.
    i've never heard anyone say it about a player who wasn't white in my life. not a reflection on you. i'm sure you really do want to punch mcclung. i just get tired of people saying this about every decent white player

i've never heard anyone say it about a player who wasn't white in my life. not a reflection on you. i'm sure you really do want to punch mcclung. i just get tired of people saying this about every decent white player
    I wanted to punch Art Long in the face.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XBR1 View Post
    I wanted to punch Art Long in the face.
    well punching things in the face was just part of art's nature

His ability to score in multiple ways, including from behind the arc, plus his fiery attitude. The play late in the game where he got the tie up (and I think possession) in the corner was classic JP. I felt like he might be the guy to get them back in it, and that scared me. He was their spark plug player, just like JP was. You making it a race thing is what bothers me.

Look, I’m an old white guy like many of the people here. BUT, my wife’s family had a cross burned in their front yard in rural SC. Weather permitting, I’m at a park playing tennis about 5 days/week. On average 2-3 dozen people will come through daily....and I’m usually the only white guy all day.

It’s not about skin color to me, I see a similarity in their games. For some weak reason, you felt a need to go to try to make it racial. Maybe that is telling in some way?
    Last edited by xu82; 01-22-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    I watch the game and other then defense it was the same
    Ole crap. 25 3’s for a team who can’t shoot 3’s is insane. When we focused on shooting 2’s we were so much better. Cut down the 3’s to 12 attempts and you will be much more effective. But for anybody to say they say a major difference tonight then you’re wearing blue lenses.
    I guess I was wearing blue lenses. I was at the game and what I saw was a markedly more energetic offense, including a number of times that they made the one extra pass to get a really open shot. The pick’n rolls were much quicker tonight, and I think that makes a huge difference in generating better openings. Shooting still not great, but results were better. If only we could shoot free throws . . . . . . !

I like the rebounding more than anything that this lineup brought. Some better ball movement at times. Having KyKy out there with his range is huge.

Still a good win considering Scruggs and Moore gave us next to nothing.

One of these games we will put it all together.

Not buying Q tweaking his knee. This was a game was to see what this team can do without him on the floor. I love the kid, but for crying out loud he is a momentum killer with his brick laying.
    Last edited by bleedXblue; 01-22-2020 at 09:09 PM.

A big step in the right direction Mr. Steele and team!

Glad to see Travis backed up his talk about making some changes in the lineup.

I really liked the starting 5 tonight a lot!

Kyky took a huge step forward with his confidence in BE play and will be so crucial moving forward.

Great to see everyone hustling their tails off.

Impressed with how our guys aggressively went after rebounds - especially Freemantle and Carter.

Jones played well and showed some senior leadership tonight.

Naji played hard and looked really tough most of the game, but still had his share of bad decisions.

Scruggs didn’t have his best shooting game, but looked solid running the point and passing.

While Moore continued to struggle on offense, he at least contributed some solid minutes on defense.

How wonderfully convenient that the same game Steele “tweaked” the lineup, a former starter “tweaked” his knee.

Heck, I think Steele ought to throw it out there that Moore “tweaked” his shooting hand just before the start of BE play - and it still has not quite healed yet.

Still plenty of sloppy play to clean up, but at least Steele called a few good time outs and they never allowed it to get too dangerously close.
    Last edited by IM4X; 01-22-2020 at 09:11 PM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    His ability to score in multiple ways, including from behind the arc, plus his fiery attitude. The play late in the game where he got the tie up (and I think possession) in the corner was classic JP. I felt like he might be the guy to get them back in it, and that scared me. He was their spark plug player, just like JP was. You making it a race thing is what bothers me.

Look, I’m an old white guy like many of the people here. BUT, my wife’s family had a cross burned in their front yard in rural SC. Weather permitting, I’m at a park playing tennis about 5 days/week. On average 2-3 dozen people will come through daily....and I’m usually the only white guy all day.

It’s not about skin color to me, I see a similarity in their games. For some weak reason, you felt a need to go to try to make it racial. Maybe that is telling in some way?
    comparing him to JP is fine. probably not a bad comparison, although i think mcclung is better personally. not sure why that means you want to punch him in the face. i'm not going to psychoanalyze it or really delve into racial aspects, i just get tired of people inevitably saying it about every decent white player like i said. so sue me. if you're really adamant about defending your right to want to punch college players in the face, go ahead.