Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Kentucky Jelly starting to earn his nickname. Other then that, same ole crap. Can’t shoot, not discipline on shot selection, naji playing street ball at times. I feel so bad for Q, I hope he can play again and turn things around. You don’t have to shoot just set up the players for good shots. I just don’t see how this team can go 8-6 rest of way to get a PIG. 9-5 would prob be enough to not be PIG. Saturday will be telling as to how we will finish down the stretch. I hope I’m wrong but this game tonight wasn’t any indication of this team turning it around.
    Were you at the game? This team came out with way more energy. The crowd had more energy. I saw a different team out there tonight.

I can't argue that the weaknesses, we have seen so far this year, went away. This is still not a great shooting team and missed free throws down the stretch helped make for the finish shaky. But our guys hustled. They didn't (always) settle for the three and played solid defense. Honestly, I saw enough of a difference in the play of this team that I'd have been positive even if they had lost. Q shouldn't bear the blame for the disappointment this season but as others have noted, tonight his absence from the lineup was a positive. Others stepped up with more energy and better teamwork. I still think we will need Q but probably not as a starter and, I hope to see a different attitude from him if and when he does play again.

Is this the team we thought they were before the season started? No. that team probably never existed outside of our collective hopes. But, it was a better team tonight than we have seen for awhile. I hope they keep it up.
    Last edited by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever; 01-22-2020 at 07:58 PM.

Whether this is a cover excuse or not, but Steele just said that the reason Q didn’t play was because he “Tweaked his knee” in pregame.
    Uhhh, OK?? Welp....
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Much improved D & rebounding. 25 three attempts still too many for my liking, especially with several bad selections. Tandy a big plus to the offense but I sure hope he learns how to guard someone. Paul will shoot better. All in all, a good night.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Whether this is a cover excuse or not, but Steele just said that the reason Q didn’t play was because he “Tweaked his knee” in pregame.
    Uhhh, OK?? Welp....
    Another conspiracy ?

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Uhhh, OK?? Welp....
    So, is that the Xavier Way or the Butler Way?

I watch the game and other then defense it was the same
    Ole crap. 25 3’s for a team who can’t shoot 3’s is insane. When we focused on shooting 2’s we were so much better. Cut down the 3’s to 12 attempts and you will be much more effective. But for anybody to say they say a major difference tonight then you’re wearing blue lenses.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

I thought the effort was consistently there, which is an improvement. Unfortunately, the team's shortcomings didn't just magically disappear.

Uhhh, OK?? Welp....
    For the record I had this quote at 7:16pm in this thread... I should have put “BREAKING NEWS” in front of it. Damn. Further proof the coaching staff reads the board during the game for advice.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Does anyone else want to punch McClung in the face? He’s their JP.
    does this need to be said about every white player? it couldn't be more annoying

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    Much improved D & rebounding. 25 three attempts still too many for my liking, especially with several bad selections. Tandy a big plus to the offense but I sure hope he learns how to guard someone. Paul will shoot better. All in all, a good night.
    Damn, tough crowd. KyKy can shoot, if Travis has to hide him on defense, sobeit. I know it's early but tonite may have been the first episode of "A Star is Born". Maybe Q could play the role of stopper on D, and Tandy is scorer on Offense.