Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Took the effort to wear sweatpants to Jeff Ruby’s. Jeff was probably pissed
    Jeff's quote on dress code for everyone is "if they have enough money to eat here, they can wear whatever they want".
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

This will be quite an interesting draft process. I am excited for Bengals fans as I have watched a lot of Joe Burrow, and he is the real deal. He is athletic, decisive, and accurate. I’m sure they’ll find some way to ruin him but as it stands hope springs eternal.

As for the remainder of the draft, you have to think there are teams that will try to hack other teams’ meetings. My most likely to hack a team power rankings:
    1. New England (shocking!)
    2. Washington
    3. Seattle
    4. Houston
    5. Dallas

Like these picks so far? Comments.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Like these picks so far? Comments.
    It's definitely an improvement over last year where their first round pick didn't play because of injury and their second round pick didn't play because he sucked.

If they would pay enough scouts who could afford to eat at Jeff Ruby’s, they could wear what they want and recognize talent. You can’t get by in the NFL on the cheap. I hope Burrow isn’t ruined by where he landed. It starts at the top.

Logan Wilson was my pre draft man crush.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    If they would pay enough scouts who could afford to eat at Jeff Ruby’s, they could wear what they want and recognize talent. You can’t get by in the NFL on the cheap. I hope Burrow isn’t ruined by where he landed. It starts at the top.
    Agreed. If they’d invest a little in scouts, they could save millions in failed draft picks. Mikey Boy is either too dumb or too stubborn to make the change. Probably both.

Dalton gone.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    It's definitely an improvement over last year where their first round pick didn't play because of injury and their second round pick didn't play because he sucked.
    To this day, I can't believe what a stupid pick they made in the second round. He's a blocking tight end, who isn't much of a receiver, and he was projected to go in the 5th round, at best. It made me wonder if Marvin Lewis at least kept the Front Office from doing really stupid things. Everybody in the country who was sitting on their couch watching the draft knew this was a stupid pick, but only the Bengals didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    To this day, I can't believe what a stupid pick they made in the second round. He's a blocking tight end, who isn't much of a receiver, and he was projected to go in the 5th round, at best. It made me wonder if Marvin Lewis at least kept the Front Office from doing really stupid things. Everybody in the country who was sitting on their couch watching the draft knew this was a stupid pick, but only the Bengals didn't.
    I think Marvin did the best he could in that department. He couldn't stop them from the John Ross pick, another winner for Mikey boy.