Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals

2020 Bengals

Will the 2020 Bengals be better than the 2019 Bengals? How long will it take to turn the Bengals around to be a .500 team? Will Mike Brown ever just go away? Will the Bengals get a new stadium in the next 10 years?
    Balls of Steele!!

2020 Bengals

Yes. 2-3 years. Eventually. No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

New Stadium? They never fill up the old one.
    2023 Sweet 16

If they were truly interested in making money and filling up the seats in PBS, they would:

1. Draft Burrow
    2. Sign some high level free agents to help with OL, LB's and DB's (they have plenty of $$ to play with)
    3. Hire a true GM with some clout
    4. Mike Brown announces his plan to move away from the day to day operation of the team to allow his GM and leadership team to run the club
    5. Change the uniforms- get rid of the ugly helmets. You are ushering in a new era- time to start fresh with a new look
    6. Issue a statement to the people of Cincinnati that they are sorry for the last 28-29 years and ask for some patience as they rebuild this franchise
    7. Offer ticket package deals to former season ticket owners to get as many of them back as they can

Of course only one of these things will happen and they will continue to disappoint, under perform and not deliver to the people of Cincinnati what they deserve. Changing THEIR way if doing things b/c it hasn't worked for 30 years and truly make investments in order to WIN big.

I agree with all of those but number 5. Love the helmets. Not that it matters. None of them will happen outside of number 1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    I agree with all of those but number 5. Love the helmets. Not that it matters. None of them will happen outside of number 1.

Some love them and some hate them

I just think you can keep a similar theme and upgrade them with a newer look

Burrow said he would be happy to play for the Bengals.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    If they were truly interested in making money and filling up the seats in PBS, they would:

1. Draft Burrow
    2. Sign some high level free agents to help with OL, LB's and DB's (they have plenty of $$ to play with)
    3. Hire a true GM with some clout
    4. Mike Brown announces his plan to move away from the day to day operation of the team to allow his GM and leadership team to run the club
    5. Change the uniforms- get rid of the ugly helmets. You are ushering in a new era- time to start fresh with a new look
    6. Issue a statement to the people of Cincinnati that they are sorry for the last 28-29 years and ask for some patience as they rebuild this franchise
    7. Offer ticket package deals to former season ticket owners to get as many of them back as they can

Of course only one of these things will happen and they will continue to disappoint, under perform and not deliver to the people of Cincinnati what they deserve. Changing THEIR way if doing things b/c it hasn't worked for 30 years and truly make investments in order to WIN big.
    As far as number 3 goes, they need to actually hire scouts first. I think they employ something like 2 full time scouts while most of of the NFL is at 8-10. No GM can work with a staff like that. This organization lacks in the most basic areas that it blows my mind that they ever make it to the playoffs (from time to time).

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post

I also love the helmets but their uniforms stiiiiiiink. Honestly if they just went back to their 1990s uniforms I'd be happy. The current ones look like a shitty XFL team. And what's even worse is that they haven't updated them in forever. But that would cost money.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    As far as number 3 goes, they need to actually hire scouts first. I think they employ something like 2 full time scouts while most of of the NFL is at 8-10. No GM can work with a staff like that. This organization lacks in the most basic areas that it blows my mind that they ever make it to the playoffs (from time to time).
    WHAT???

If they can't get a new owner, get him out of the way and let a quality GM hire a real NFL staff. There is no salary cap on scouts. That is how you get quality young and CHEAP players. It’s your lifeline. If you cheap-out on scouts, you are just in it for the TV money, and you can’t have MY money. That is just crazy!