Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JP Macura today

The Cavs recently had a trade and had an open roster spot. They also had another 10 day contract (Marques Bolden) expire, opening 2 spots for 2-way players so JP was one of the two called up. They can only sign two consecutive 10 day contracts before they are required to sign them for the rest of the season.

He's not a rookie this season, so nice money for a 10 day stretch.

Their season is in the toilet. They are now working on player development and project as a high chance for getting the number one draft pick.

No reason not to throw JP out there and see how he performs. But they have nothing but young backcourt players that project like he does or better. I doubt they have a long term plan at this point but we'll see what his opportunities are. However, I really don't like their last two first round picks. Both talented, but ball hogs for point guards, who don't know how to set up their team or play great defense.

Cavs just traded Brandon Knight and John Henson for Andre Drummond. So, one less guard. Although Drummond's style is not the hot thing in today's NBA, Cavs still picked up a top performer at a good price. It'll be interesting to see if he stays around next season or tries to see if anyone else will invest in him like Cleveland will.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Unless they sign him to guaranteed deal, as a 2 way player he is only allowed to be up so many days right? Not even games but just days where they practice I think?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Too bad he wasn't there last night. The Cavs lost by 41 to the Clippers. That's the kind of game where JP might have played 25 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Unless they sign him to guaranteed deal, as a 2 way player he is only allowed to be up so many days right? Not even games but just days where they practice I think?
    Two 10-day contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Too bad he wasn't there last night. The Cavs lost by 41 to the Clippers. That's the kind of game where JP might have played 25 minutes.
    He was there but inactive.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Two 10-day contracts.

He was there but inactive.
    2 10 day contracts in a row or for the whole year?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    2 10 day contracts in a row or for the whole year?
    Per year and after those two they are free agents to sign with anyone if the team does not guarantee their contract for the remainder of the year. The Cavs recently went through this with Alfonso McKinnie. They waived him and eventually signed him back at a long term deal. I would be surprised if this is what they do with JP, however as it appears they are using their 2-way players mostly to fill roster spots.

JP got into the game last night - he played 1 minute but had no stats other than that. He has now played in 3 NBA games.

Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    JP got into the game last night - he played 1 minute but had no stats other than that. He has now played in 3 NBA games.
    Here’s what’s better for our Man JP.
    He’s been named to USA Basketball’s 12 man team to play in the FIBA AmeriCup Qualifying games. The team is coached by former Cavs & NBA Coach Mike Fratello. This Is the first step to the 2023 World Cup.
    They actually train starting Friday and play games in San Juan & Washington DC.
    Get em JP!!

https://www.usab.com/news-events/new...ying-team.aspx
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell