Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Quentin Good-in today’s games

Not a pretty win. Lots that continue to be frustrating, but I wanted to give props to Q for stepping up and going 9/11 today (including 4-4 from 3). Starting to wonder if he moves better and plays looser without Naji on the court. This game should give him some confidence that he can play well when he is free to operate in a way that works best for him and isn’t stifling.

“Core 4” sounds like a group who has always had perfect chemistry together, but honestly we know that is not the case. They simply are 4 guys who have played together for two plus years now. They never truly seemed to compliment or complete one another in the same way that some teams have from the past. Even the team that had Tre as the main go to guy, also had a bunch of complimentary players who were always anticipating teammates moves and were expected to make the smart pass or see the opportunity for an easy bucket. This team has behaved as if the offensive game plan is for everyone to just get the ball to Naji, Paula or Jones and see if they can do something first... and only go to others if they are struggling.
    Last edited by IM4X; 12-18-2019 at 09:48 PM.

I don’t know what to make of it. It’s like they take turns being good, but don’t do it all together. Hopefully we peak by the end of the season, learn how to play “together” and go on a run. It does seem strange to me.

Great game from Q. I agree, this team if particularly bizarre, because the the talent appears to be there. Who knows maybe come March everything will click. We saw some of it come end of the year last year.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I don’t know what to make of it. It’s like they take turns being good, but don’t do it all together. Hopefully we peak by the end of the season, learn how to play “together” and go on a run. It does seem strange to me.
    Yes. Playing “together” where there is better movement on offense and where players are able to better anticipate a teammate’s next move is a big part of what this team seems to be missing (aside from their outside shooting).

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Great game from Q. I agree, this team if particularly bizarre, because the the talent appears to be there. Who knows maybe come March everything will click. We saw some of it come end of the year last year.
    Too bad it was too little too late last year.

While it is encouraging to hear Travis recognize and speak to the problems that we all see, it would be far more encouraging to see that he is capable of teaching his players how fix those problems.

Grade school level offense right now. Not much is improving. Great game from Q, most of his points were scored by him simply beating his man off the dribble and getting to the basket. It helped that WC doesn't have a shot blocker in the paint.

Supporting Member
    I have slammed q when his play was awful, so I'm happy to praise him when he has a helluva game as he did last night. Great job by him and hope he can build on this game for the rest of the year.

With that said, about half the game was some of the ugliest basketball I have ever seen on the offensive side of the ball. Scruggs couldnt even pass the ball last night. It seriously looked like grade school sets.

Last night was a struggle and was really frustrating to watch at times until the last 10 or so minutes.

That being said, I'd rather be "struggling" at 10-2 than struggling at 7-5.

Preseason, every one of us would have been ecstatic at 10-2, 12 games in.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhelmes37 View Post
    Last night was a struggle and was really frustrating to watch at times until the last 10 or so minutes.

That being said, I'd rather be "struggling" at 10-2 than struggling at 7-5.

Preseason, every one of us would have been ecstatic at 10-2, 12 games in.
    With our schedule up to this point, I dunno if ecstatic about being 10-2 is the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    With our schedule up to this point, I dunno if ecstatic about being 10-2 is the word.
    How about "on track"?

I remember seeing 10-3 as being "about right" tossed around.

Maybe I'm mis-remembering...

Either way, it's not a sky is falling scenario by any means.

I remember 8-5 in the OOC in the Crawford year... sometimes it takes some time to get going.