Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Trying to get this thread back on a positive as opposed to same discussion and observations I’ve read over the last several weeks.

Freemantle was 2-2 from 3 while keeping the team from being under 20% for the game. Also was 3-4 from the floor, scoring 10 points, and 4 boards in 16 minutes. Love the energy and effort he gives us when he’s on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Trying to get this thread back on a positive as opposed to same discussion and observations I’ve read over the last several weeks.

Freemantle was 2-2 from 3 while keeping the team from being under 20% for the game. Also was 3-4 from the floor, scoring 10 points, and 4 boards in 16 minutes. Love the energy and effort he gives us when he’s on the court.
    So what I hear you saying is that Freemantle ought to be shooting more and more 3s (along with Scruggs) while playing together on the court with Jones.

Cause if that’s what your saying, I’ve gotta agree.
    Last edited by IM4X; 01-16-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Freshman
    Each day that goes by means one less day with Steele at the helm.

That’s my positive take.

Does anyone think this impacts Naji or Paul coming back for a 4th year?
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Does anyone think this impacts Naji or Paul coming back for a 4th year?
    Not an informed opinion at all, but I think it's purely a business decision for both (i.e. results of this season are nearly irrelevant).

I think you can make a case that Scruggs getting to play PG full time next season could help build his stock. Don't think there's a similar case for Naji to showcase a new part of his game like that.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I remember pondering ax’s decisions to enter new Big East while in the A10. I thought maybe UC playing in a much inferior league, would appear more often to NCAA tourney because recruiting in AAC and getting superior talent trumps AAC lesser programs. Maybe X would struggle with well advanced teams in a much more talented league. If X has a great team in this new BE, the odds would favor seeding of 1-4 as opposed to having superior teams in A10 and getting a “easier” 6-10 seed.
    Choice: get to NCAA every year as an average 7 seed or get invite to NCAA as a 2-6 seed every 3rd year ?
    I never thought the Big East would be so far advanced than other leagues .
    As soon as we start debating if it would have been better to stay in A10 is when we know the board is in full meltdown mode.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    As soon as we start debating if it would have been better to stay in A10 is when we know the board is in full meltdown mode.
    100%.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    This team would probably be a less successful version of the Tu Holloway group that got slaughtered by Marquette in the first round.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Not an informed opinion at all, but I think it's purely a business decision for both (i.e. results of this season are nearly irrelevant).

I think you can make a case that Scruggs getting to play PG full time next season could help build his stock. Don't think there's a similar case for Naji to showcase a new part of his game like that.
    I'm under the impression that Odom is a Day 1 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    I'm under the impression that Odom is a Day 1 starter.
    He hasn't even set foot on campus or practiced once yet.

You're gonna roll with him over a senior Paul Scruggs? Then I would start to wonder if Steele was trying to get fired.