Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    At PG, to run the offense, distribute, etc., yes, if he's what I'm reading he is. Personally, I'm very much in favor of facilitating PGs vs. scoring PGs.
    Of course right now, I'm favor of scoring anything at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    As soon as we start debating if it would have been better to stay in A10 is when we know the board is in full meltdown mode.
    I'd rep you if the man wasn't keeping me down.

This season may end up being a dumpster fire but I'd take it over being in that conference all day, every day. That's just one of the most nonsensical things I've heard on this board, and there have been a lot of nonsensical things said on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    At PG, to run the offense, distribute, etc., yes, if he's what I'm reading he is. Personally, I'm very much in favor of facilitating PGs vs. scoring PGs.
    Of course right now, I'm favor of scoring anything at the moment.
    I think Dwon could be good off the ball in an attacking role, but who knows. I'm just guessing that that's part of the thought process for Scruggs.

Otherwise, as seems to be tradition at Xavier, you've got two old for their class tweeners who probably will never play in the NBA, so all bets are off with what factors into their decision.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    As soon as we start debating if it would have been better to stay in A10 is when we know the board is in full meltdown mode.
    It's just him. Ignore it. It's worse than MHettel's infamous suggestion that we go independent.

Silver lining?

Some questions asked to some famous coaches in the past, and their answers....

Reporter....”Coach, what’s the best thing about this team?”
    Coach.......” The best thing is that I only have to watch them a few more times this season.”

Reporter......”Coach, talk to us about your team’s execution.”
    Coach.........”I’m in favor of it.”

That’s Entertainment!

Look, sports is like desert. We all want it, but we can live without it, and we can’t live with just it and nothing more. It’s tastes good, but too much of it can actually make you sick. I know that we all look forward to the season with great anticipation and expectations. We look forward to watching the team play well and have great success. When that doesn’t happen, it’s very disappointing. Very. But that’s no reason to let it effect other parts of ones life or to turn on individuals who aren’t meeting those expectations. My advice is to lower your expectations for the remainder of the season. If there is one thing I have learned from being a Reds and Bengals fan, it’s that them losing doesn’t ruin my life, and them winning didn’t make my life great. I remain optimistic that the Xavier program has a bright future and that this is only a momentary bump in the road. No matter how painful it is right now, and no matter how deep the hole seems to be, Xavier will overcome and will eventually thrive. I truly believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Silver lining?

Some questions asked to some famous coaches in the past, and their answers....

Reporter....”Coach, what’s the best thing about this team?”
    Coach.......” The best thing is that I only have to watch them a few more times this season.”

Reporter......”Coach, talk to us about your team’s execution.”
    Coach.........”I’m in favor of it.”

That’s Entertainment!

Look, sports is like desert. We all want it, but we can live without it, and we can’t live with just it and nothing more. It’s tastes good, but too much of it can actually make you sick. I know that we all look forward to the season with great anticipation and expectations. We look forward to watching the team play well and have great success. When that doesn’t happen, it’s very disappointing. Very. But that’s no reason to let it effect other parts of ones life or to turn on individuals who aren’t meeting those expectations. My advice is to lower your expectations for the remainder of the season. If there is one thing I have learned from being a Reds and Bengals fan, it’s that them losing doesn’t ruin my life, and them winning didn’t make my life great. I remain optimistic that the Xavier program has a bright future and that this is only a momentary bump in the road. No matter how painful it is right now, and no matter how deep the hole seems to be, Xavier will overcome and will eventually thrive. I truly believe that.
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers HC John McKay!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers HC John McKay!
    One of the all time greatest quotes in sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    So what I hear you saying is that Freemantle ought to be shooting more and more 3s (along with Scruggs) while playing together on the court with Jones.

Cause if that’s what your saying, I’ve gotta agree.
    More shots yes. 3’s? 1-2 is fine if open and disciplined. Not sure what the starting lineup would look like with Zach, but he brings some intangibles I’m not seeing with current team. So yes, starting Zach might be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    The problem isn't the Big East. At least not this year.

Xavier had to sweat out Missouri, and Missouri State, and UConn. They lost to Florida who right now isn't looking like a tournament team, and Wake who isn't looking like a CBI team. With the exception of maybe Florida (if they ever get it together), none of those teams probably even finish in the top four of the Atlantic Ten right now. When you barely win three games against teams that wouldn't finish in the top four of the A10, you're assuming a lot by thinking we'd be a tournament team if we were in the A10.
    Missouri won at Temple by 10, beat Illinois on a neutral court and beat Florida, Wake won at a pretty good Pitt team that would be top 2 in the A-10 and Florida would be up there as well. To say those three wouldn’t be in the top 4 of the A10 is kind over the top thinking. The Bonni's lost to Siena, Ohio and Vermont, Duquesne lost to UAB and Marshall and hasn’t beat anyone. Really other than Dayton the conference has played shit schedules and really has beat no one of significance. Dayton is the only team in the A-10 that would have a .500 or better record in the Big East.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Missouri won at Temple by 10, beat Illinois on a neutral court and beat Florida, Wake won at a pretty good Pitt team that would be top 2 in the A-10 and Florida would be up there as well. To say those three wouldn’t be in the top 4 of the A10 is kind over the top thinking. The Bonni's lost to Siena, Ohio and Vermont, Duquesne lost to UAB and Marshall and hasn’t beat anyone. Really other than Dayton the conference has played shit schedules and really has beat no one of significance. Dayton is the only team in the A-10 that would have a .500 or better record in the Big East.
    I'm a missouri fan but they freaking suck, they just lost by 30 to miss state who is also garbage, and they have lost to charleston southern, wake is effing terrible.

Let's not be like uc fans used to be when we were in the a10.

Just a quick glance Rhode island beat providence and alabama, Richmond beat wisconsin, vcu beat lsu.

Let's stop knocking a league that xavier would be struggling in this year.

Btw we arent comparing the a10 to the be straight up, the be is really good, but Xavier is effing terrible right now no matter what league they're in this year. I'd hate to think what dayton would do to xavier this year..not kidding when I think they'd beat x by thirty if they played tonight
    Last edited by Xville; 01-17-2020 at 11:19 AM.