Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    He hasn't even set foot on campus or practiced once yet.

You're gonna roll with him over a senior Paul Scruggs? Then I would start to wonder if Steele was trying to get fired.
    Steele has really ticked off Paul's AAU coach. The one guy that is closest to him.

He moved Paul from Indy to Cali a month into his senior year over some beef with Paul's HS coach (Kyle Simpson) taking away his UA sponsorship

With how mad he is at Steele right now I wouldn't be shocked if Paul leaves even if it's not for the pros.
    Last edited by XU22; 01-20-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XU22 View Post
    Steele has really ticked off Paul's AAU coach. The one guy that is closest to him.

He moved Paul from Indy to Cali a month into his senior year over some beef with Paul's HS coach (Kyle Simpson) taking away his UA sponsorship

With how mad he is at Steele right now I wouldn't be shocked if Paul leaves even if it's not for the pros.
    What has Steele done to piss off his AAU coach? Does he feel as though he is misused? Because I certainly do.

All-Conference
    Is this really how things work today? Even the AAU coach has a say AFTER they get on campus?

I can certainly see it being a factor in the corrupt world of recruiting, but once they're there, the coaches don't tell them to piss off?

In saying that, it does feel that Paul hasn't come close to reaching his potential. At the same time, Paul doesn't seem pissed about it either.
    Last edited by drudy23; 01-20-2020 at 01:54 PM.

Well, boy. These are silver linings.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Back on topic....silver lining---there is a game in two days

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Back on topic....silver lining---there is a game in two days
    Hopefully my phone doesn’t get flung into a pillow again.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    I am calling Knight of Columbus bingo during the game but will DVR and hope I will come home to a victory as I am sure I will be looking at the app. Will pray for Q(no kidding, usually I pray for cancer patients, disaster like Australia,etc) but I think him playing better (like 8 p 5a,2 To, 4 Reb) will cause a virtuous cycle where Moore will play better (not coming in to stem the tide), KyKy will play freer as a 2, and everyone will generally feel better. Watched all Big East this weekend and G-Town played Marquette tough(of course at home) and know it will be a tough game. Q playing better breaks the logjam and he (and his team and us fans) deserve it.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XU22 View Post

what the heck is this? We need some elaboration/substantiation here.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    what the heck is this? We need some elaboration/substantiation here.
    I'm sure a lot of players aren't happy. I wish they would show that on the court, by playing with a chip on their shoulders more often.

Scruggs seems like a really good guy. He's playing a bunch of minutes, so that cant be it. Likely this guy thinks Scruggs should be at the PG spot. So does he and a whole bunch of other people......

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    While, I believe I read Steele had several previous players come by the locker room (I think Tu might have been one of them), I am not sure any of them ever gave the type of tough reality talk about the X-pectations you have when you put an X uniform on and how far the team currently is from those expectations now. I posted a little whole back that I’d love to see Farr or Bernard coming back talking to them about how they were in a similar situation with their team not gelling and how they had to have a serious coming to Jesus moment their their teammates about waking the F up, and playing with purpose by outhustling and outsmarting every single opponent with every single possession.

Personally, I want to see an army of former X players reach out to this team and coaching staff. I think Tu and Farr and Bernard (and Even CJ and JP) should also reach out to Jones (and Q) separately and tell them what they need to be doing as senior leaders. They should be saying, “Do you want to be the first X team in forever to not make the NCAA tournament two straight years... cause that’s what your legacy will be, if you don’t get serious about things now.”
    Yeah, I'm with you on that, obviously you don't know what has been said to these guys (whether they've reached out or not) or if they'd take it to heart or not, but I'd love to see former players at least try to give a bit of advice. I think we're lacking that bite, the one guy in the locker room who would give a speech like Bernard did to get things together, or that can really grab a hold of everybody and get them motivated to play hard as hell and turn things around. When we were down in the past, or looking to close out a game, guys like Trevon (he may have been quiet but his play did the talking), or Tu would take over, I don't see much of that in this group. I think Naji has the ability to, but he presses a little out of control. I'm surprised its not Tyrique honestly, as a Senior and seeing the swagger he plays with, I would have expected him to rally these guys. I guess we'll see how they respond on Wednesday.