Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Yeah, I'm with you on that, obviously you don't know what has been said to these guys (whether they've reached out or not) or if they'd take it to heart or not, but I'd love to see former players at least try to give a bit of advice. I think we're lacking that bite, the one guy in the locker room who would give a speech like Bernard did to get things together, or that can really grab a hold of everybody and get them motivated to play hard as hell and turn things around. When we were down in the past, or looking to close out a game, guys like Trevon (he may have been quiet but his play did the talking), or Tu would take over, I don't see much of that in this group. I think Naji has the ability to, but he presses a little out of control. I'm surprised its not Tyrique honestly, as a Senior and seeing the swagger he plays with, I would have expected him to rally these guys. I guess we'll see how they respond on Wednesday.
    I should have also added CJ Anderson as a guy who would probably give the team a much needed come-to-Jesus pep talk if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I'm sure a lot of players aren't happy. I wish they would show that on the court, by playing with a chip on their shoulders more often.

Scruggs seems like a really good guy. He's playing a bunch of minutes, so that cant be it. Likely this guy thinks Scruggs should be at the PG spot. So does he and a whole bunch of other people......
    Agree, Paul does seem like a good dude. I hope no one inside the program would be happy with BE play especially the last three games. I’m with XUBison and need some clarification.

Unfortunately, those not affiliated with program probably drop seeds from time to time. Doubt a lot of AAU coaches get into a spat with D1 coaches because that’s their lifeline for potential employment and/or exposure. I could be wrong because of how out of control AAU has become.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Agree, Paul does seem like a good dude. I hope no one inside the program would be happy with BE play especially the last three games. I’m with XUBison and need some clarification.

Doubt a lot of AAU coaches get into a spat with D1 coaches because that’s their lifeline for potential employment and/or exposure. I could be wrong because of how out of control AAU has become.
    Agreed, but it’s a two way street also. AAU coaches can be a key to getting contact to potential recruits. I’m pretty sure that not everyone gets along, and sometimes the kids are in the middle. Which is a shame. Lots of egos involved.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Agreed, but it’s a two way street also. AAU coaches can be a key to getting contact to potential recruits. I’m pretty sure that not everyone gets along, and sometimes the kids are in the middle. Which is a shame. Lots of egos involved.
    100% on two way street.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    I am calling Knight of Columbus bingo during the game.
    Wow, you could watch the game at the same time make your own bingo board with spaces like, “Naji nooo”, “what the hell are you guys doing”, “No more 3’s Q!”, and “you better change that up, Travis”. Now that would be a blast - a true silver lining in this mess!
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I'm sure a lot of players aren't happy. I wish they would show that on the court, by playing with a chip on their shoulders more often.

Scruggs seems like a really good guy. He's playing a bunch of minutes, so that cant be it. Likely this guy thinks Scruggs should be at the PG spot. So does he and a whole bunch of other people......
    Scruggs AAU coach is heavily involved in his life. Tries to get to every game and even went to Spain.

The issue is that he thinks Scruggs isn't being used correctly, and certain players are being allowed to do whatever they want with regards to offense without any repercussions.

His whole thought process is giving Paul the ball and let him run PG

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Everyone wants the top 50 players, and no one wants the baggage they bring.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XU22 View Post
    Scruggs AAU coach is heavily involved in his life. Tries to get to every game and even went to Spain.

The issue is that he thinks Scruggs isn't being used correctly, and certain players are being allowed to do whatever they want with regards to offense without any repercussions.

His whole thought process is giving Paul the ball and let him run PG
    So basically what everyone with a brain wants, and sees that would be the best for the team. Except steele who either is protecting the locker room, protecting q's feelings or is a.complete idiot.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    So basically what everyone with a brain wants, and sees that would be the best for the team. Except steele who either is protecting the locker room, protecting q's feelings or is a.complete idiot.
    Or refusing to meet the demands on the AAU coach on principle and letting the team suffer in spite of it. Ego.

You can't be the head guy and coach the team with fear. I remember when Miller was in the same situation as a first time head coach. He was trying to be everything to everyone, and failing the team. He finally realized this and with the flip of a switch, turn into the asshole overnight - and it was the betterment of the team. I think I remember him even saying it was a turning point in his evolution as a head coach.
    Last edited by drudy23; 01-20-2020 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XU22 View Post
    Steele has really ticked off Paul's AAU coach. The one guy that is closest to him.

He moved Paul from Indy to Cali a month into his senior year over some beef with Paul's HS coach (Kyle Simpson) taking away his UA sponsorship

With how mad he is at Steele right now I wouldn't be shocked if Paul leaves even if it's not for the pros.
    I doubt Paul would leave and sit a year. He would be 24 in 2 years. Unless he is on schedule to graduate in three years. He will be at Xavier or the G league.