Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    I know, but, I hope that isn’t a driving factor.

Quote Originally Posted by XUBob View Post
    Man, I really liked the Steele hire but I knew there was going to come a day when the administration would make a mistake, it was bound to happen. I’m wondering if this is it. This certainly isn’t Xavier basketball. I know we’d lose a good recruiting class but Christopher has some tough decisions to make. I know people will say a longer sample is needed but this certainly isn’t the program I’m used to seeing.
    I'm going to repeat this every time someone decides to make even a faint suggestion Steele may and/or should be fired after this season: can anyone provide a list of high major coaches fired for performance after two seasons? Only guy off the top is Billy Clyde.

Who in their right mind would take the Xavier job if that happened? Hey, you get to inherit a flawed roster with a recuriting class that's likely gone and the last guy got fired after two seasons. Come on down!
    Last edited by AviatorX; 01-15-2020 at 08:01 PM.

Ok, we’re losing this game. Play Jones, Free, Naji, Scruggs & Tandy the entire 2nd half. Live through the mistakes and Howard torching us and let them gel as a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    I agree on this not being Xavier basketball we are use to. Lack of boxing out, getting out toughed, no offense at all, just run around and chuck it, no leadership, fumble the ball left and right, can’t find shooters, don’t hustle back and on and on. Marquette isn’t even good and Xavier has no chance. Steele will get a chance with his own recruits but it is very concerning that a team with just about everyone returning, is continuing to get worse. Something is majorly wrong right now with this team.
    I blame Mack for this season, he recruited this mess. He is the one who brought in zero shooters. He missed on the sophomore class and the senior class. You can’t win with one decent class out of three.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    The body language of this team does not look good. At some point we will win a game. We have to,right?
    Sure! I’m back to hoping we can keep the non losing conference record going. Sadly, I don’t see it happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Go Golston View Post
    You all need to remember or be reminded who the coach's father-in-law is. If you don't know, check it out.
    Does Goodin have compromising photos of Steele or something? Why does he keep getting tons of minutes when he brings NOTHING to the court?

At least KyKy can score and make shots. Yeah, he might make some mistakes or get beat on defense a couple times, but he's a freshman. Goodin is a SENIOR!!!!

If I was Steele, I would throw KyKy in there and tell him he has the green light whenever he wants. Don't take stupid shots, but get up 10-12 shots a game. I guarantee you he would be averaging double figures and helping this offense!!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Go Golston View Post
    You all need to remember or be reminded who the coach's father-in-law is. If you don't know, check it out.
    Right now he probably thinks his son in law is a dipshit

Quote Originally Posted by XBR1 View Post
    I blame Mack for this season, he recruited this mess. He is the one who brought in zero shooters. He missed on the sophomore class and the senior class. You can’t win with one decent class out of three.
    When Mack was head coach, didn’t Steele do a LOT of the recruiting? They’re his players, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Sophomore
    we don't play like a well coached team at all. there are surely other factors at play, but the buck stops at steele. there's not reason it should be this bad

Time for Steele to break another clipboard. Watching this deja Vu is not working!
    How sweet it is!