Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Would be interested to see the OP’s (or anyone’s) breakdown of the philosophical differences between this offense and the offense in Mack’s last year.

Sophomore
    it is clearly becoming a mental block as much as a lack of shooting ability. Both on a bad day should be hitting 20% of shots..not zero percent. In the case of Moore his opportunities are feast or famine but he is pressing(some shots seem to be decent in and out misses). Q is not anywhere near as good as Moore but was serviceable but now it reminds me of when Nick Anderson missed 4 foul shoots against Houston Rockets in 1995 that would have iced game one and was NEVER near the same player again. I am praying that they break the streak tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    So you're saying that Goodin and Moore would have made a bunch of those wide open threes on Saturday if X had just run a different offense?

Steele is not exempt from everything he's ever done but this is division 1 basketball, you have to take and make open shots if you have them. You know what happens to teams that can't make open shots ? They, like the other 280 schools in the country, don't make the tournament.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by BandDad View Post
    He did say that on the coaches show last night. It was one weird show. He started off by stating that our bench wasn't cheering enough or not engaged in the game, so I guess it is Schrand's fault!
    It was a VERRRRRRY weird show, and one that had me rolling my eyes numerous times- the same eye roll that I had as I listened to his post game Press Conference last Saturday. I,m VERRRRRRRY concerned.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Steele is not exempt from everything he's ever done but this is division 1 basketball, you have to take and make open shots if you have them. You know what happens to teams that can't make open shots ? They, like the other 280 schools in the country, don't make the tournament.
    Xavier is Two Hundred Ninety First ranked in 3 point shooting percentage in Division 1 basketball. Why?
    Because lousy shooters keep taking the majority of our shots. And Steele just lets it happen with no change to adjust.
    Hell, man, at this point, just sit Q. Put KyKy and Paul in there with Moore the first off the bench. Screw this "lose the locker room" iish. You lose the locker room by continually losing games, and that's gonna happen unless something changes. Period.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    I don't get this. Not everyone on even the better teams is a good shooter from everywhere. Yes, if you're open you take the shots that you are capable of making in a proficient manner. Our coach is letting players shoot shots that they are not capable of making at an acceptable rate. The other teams know this and that's their game plan. Tyrique is a D1 player, that label doesn't mean he should be shooting 3s when wide open; as best as I can tell, he hasn't taken a 3pt shot in his career (for a very good reason), even though he would be open from there on every possession we have.
    Many things go into coaching and one of them is getting the most out of your player's talents, we seem to be getting the least. There is talent on this team and I believe enough talent to be at a minimum a top 20 team. It is just not being deployed in the best manner, actually, it's quite the opposite.

MOR, you give us too much credit, we rank 313 in 3pt %; and in games where we shoot 20 or more 3s (which is 10 of our 17 games) our % ranks 345.
    Last edited by SM#24; 01-15-2020 at 08:44 AM.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Xavier is Two Hundred Ninety First ranked in 3 point shooting percentage in Division 1 basketball. Why?
    Because lousy shooters keep taking the majority of our shots. And Steele just lets it happen with no change to adjust.
    Hell, man, at this point, just sit Q. Put KyKy and Paul in there with Moore the first off the bench. Screw this "lose the locker room" iish. You lose the locker room by continually losing games, and that's gonna happen unless something changes. Period.
    This. So what happens if you bench Q.........Naji and Tyrique revolt? Let 'em and sit their asses on the bench as well. I would expect that revolt to be short lived.

Just as a data point, Xavier is ranked 235th in the country in 3 point attempt % (relative to X's total field goal attempts).

Quote Originally Posted by Final4 View Post
    This. So what happens if you bench Q.........Naji and Tyrique revolt? Let 'em and sit their asses on the bench as well. I would expect that revolt to be short lived.
    thats ridiculous if its thats the case

This is about whats important for the WHOLE TEAM

Again, whos running the team? The coach or players?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Maybe we just have lousy shooters.
    Run the table.