Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Offensive Philosophy is the Culprit

It's not that players can't execute the offense by not hitting shots. It's that the dribble drive/feed the post/isolation scheme is a joke of an offense. It's a coach's bail out and is usually followed by "we want to be a great defensive unit".
    It takes a lot of work, time, effort and basketball IQ to run say the Villanova 1 in 4 out and work on finding that second cutter. Or to implement a flex offense where spacing and fluidity are important components. I fear this regime will give us more of the same every year.
    It will get you wins against teams with lesser athleticism but not against familiar foes or better competition. I for one loathe watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Go Golston View Post
    It's not that players can't execute the offense by not hitting shots. It's that the dribble drive/feed the post/isolation scheme is a joke of an offense. It's a coach's bail out and is usually followed by "we want to be a great defensive unit".
    It takes a lot of work, time, effort and basketball IQ to run say the Villanova 1 in 4 out and work on finding that second cutter. Or to implement a flex offense where spacing and fluidity are important components. I fear this regime will give us more of the same every year.
    It will get you wins against teams with lesser athleticism but not against familiar foes or better competition. I for one loathe watching it.
    I kind of agree with you. I was watching Arizona-Oregon St. last night, and both of those of teams were running a lot more action and set plays in the half court than I've ever seen us do.

On a side note, Sean Miller was sweating like a pig. Disgustingly sweaty, like Bruce Pearl.

Does our coach know how to run or install anything else? Not being a smart ass........really curious b/c our offense is disturbingly horrific at getting the right guys shots in the right spots.

Dump it to Tyrique or pass the ball around the top of the key and then someone goes one on one trying to create a shot. Thats it.

If you ^ are all crazy, then count me in as being crazy too - cuz I’m seeing and saying many of these same things.
    Last edited by IM4X; 01-13-2020 at 07:27 PM.

Sophomore
    But guys, we become so much easier to game-plan against if we run offensive sets. Coach said so himself.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Freshman
    So what you are saying is that passing the ball aimlessly behind the 3-point line is useless when you have no 3-point shooters. Brilliant!!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    But guys, we become so much easier to game-plan against if we run offensive sets. Coach said so himself.
    Please for the love please tell me he didnt actually say that.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Does our coach know how to run or install anything else? Not being a smart ass........really curious b/c our offense is disturbingly horrific at getting the right guys shots in the right spots.

Dump it to Tyrique or pass the ball around the top of the key and then someone goes one on one trying to create a shot. Thats it.
    Out of bounds plays.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Out of bounds plays.
    Mack had quite a few dumb ass plays. Now they're being used on Xavier and we're the dumb asses.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    Mack had quite a few dumb ass plays. Now they're being used on Xavier and we're the dumb asses.
    That is one of the things that bother me the most. "You go to Xavier, not to Cincinnati!" Stop being dumb asses!
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.