Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sophomore

Dontarious James

Does anyone know what happened to Dontarious James yesterday? He was not even on the bench. Is he injured? No mention in the post game. Maybe something was said before the game.

Freshman
    I can't give the answer, but after 6 pts & 8 boards vs St Johns he got very minimal time vs Seton Hall. He finally broke out vs St Johns & then went back to his almost non-existent role. There is always that transfer portal available. Everybody keeps talking about our Core 4, but I wish to mention the Core 5 as Carter gets more playing time than Q or Jones. Everybody other than those 5 may be feeling slighted.
    c

Supporting Member
    Dont know about James and this is pure speculation on my part, but is there division in the locker rom?

I didn't know that we wasn't on the bench. That's interesting to say the least.

Possibly sick? There’s a lot of that going around right now.

Sophomore
    Huh? Are we sure he wasn't on the bench? I wasn't looking for him, but I thought I remembered seeing him there.

I don't think he's going to be an attitude problem like Bishop, James has always had a pretty good approach, especially after last season. Maybe it was just a personnel/match-up decision that kept him from doing much the last few games, but I think we'll see a lot of him down the stretch.

He was on the bench I believe. He was wearing a navy blue t-shirt over his jersey. I thought he wasn’t on the bench at first, but then noticed he was in the huddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    He was on the bench I believe. He was wearing a navy blue t-shirt over his jersey. I thought he wasn’t on the bench at first, but then noticed he was in the huddle.

We sit in row J behind the X bench and did not see him, but we could have missed him. I feel better (marginally) if he was on the bench. But why not play him, unless he was hurt? He could not have played any worse than some who did play.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post

Correct. He was wearing a dark-blue warmup. No clue as to why he didn't get a few minutes.

I thought I saw somewhere he may have broken his nose bs SH