View Poll Results: .

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 45 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Steele

Also, it is great to have a backup plan on a coach, but would most coaches hire their own assistants. And you can't expect to have a coaches replacement on the bench right away, and you can't have 2 head coaches. Even if the Butler situation as stated is correct, it is the outlier.

It is also too soon to say that Steele is "damaging the brand". A few down years don't destroy the program. If we were still in the A-10, maybe that would be an issue but the Big East provides more of a buffer there.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I'm telling you that Collier had a backup plan in place. That's it. Neither you or I know for sure, what all the circumstances are, but tell me that it doesn't look odd that a Head Coach who just took his school to its first postseason appearance and had just been given 5 extra years of security via a contract extension just up and leaves for an assistants job at a school where he had zero prior connection? Hmmmm.

NONE of the players that we are recruiting played Monday afternoon/night. The coach contracted for a radio show. Show up.

As to the support. Last year, was an under performance in my view. This year with 4 veteran players, 2 of which played in the Elite 8, is a huge under performance. I need to be shown that he deserves support, and not just because we beat a garbage UC team. This team's offense is a joke compared to well coached teams. Creighton made us look like Clowns in our own building. Support needs to be earned, not given.
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/25f147b...c-1299fcae2144

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I'm telling you that Collier had a backup plan in place. That's it. Neither you or I know for sure, what all the circumstances are, but tell me that it doesn't look odd that a Head Coach who just took his school to its first postseason appearance and had just been given 5 extra years of security via a contract extension just up and leaves for an assistants job at a school where he had zero prior connection? Hmmmm.

NONE of the players that we are recruiting played Monday afternoon/night. The coach contracted for a radio show. Show up.

As to the support. Last year, was an under performance in my view. This year with 4 veteran players, 2 of which played in the Elite 8, is a huge under performance. I need to be shown that he deserves support, and not just because we beat a garbage UC team. This team's offense is a joke compared to well coached teams. Creighton made us look like Clowns in our own building. Support needs to be earned, not given.
    Not just 4 veteran players, but 4 veteran players who thought they were so good that they had to test the NBA draft waters. The way this team plays, I can't tell if it is on the players or the coach. It seems like a bit of lack of effort. Every game there is a lull, and it seems to be getting worse as they struggle.

I will say Travis needs to take control of the offense. They just can't continue to take so many bad threes and make so many turnovers. They are essentially losing 40+ possessions a game. Cut the 3 point attempts and turnovers in half, turn them into 2 point shot attempts, hit 50% of those and this is a completely different team.

Supporting Member
    Our backup plan is the same as it was for Staak, Pete, Skip, Thad, Miller, Mack. Either next man up or look outside. The last three of those coaches receiving the same criticism that is being laid on Steele in their first couple of years. I imagine if Travis fails, we would look outside and not hand it off to an assistant.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    Not just 4 veteran players, but 4 veteran players who thought they were so good that they had to test the NBA draft waters. The way this team plays, I can't tell if it is on the players or the coach. It seems like a bit of lack of effort. Every game there is a lull, and it seems to be getting worse as they struggle.

I will say Travis needs to take control of the offense. They just can't continue to take so many bad threes and make so many turnovers. They are essentially losing 40+ possessions a game. Cut the 3 point attempts and turnovers in half, turn them into 2 point shot attempts, hit 50% of those and this is a completely different team.
    I've said this before several times. But, it feels like tonight's game is a big one for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    I've said this before several times. But, it feels like tonight's game is a big one for this team.
    LOL, just a bit. I said it earlier in the week. Win or lose, if this team doesn't play better.......more focus, more determined, more disciplined........I think this board will implode.

Supporting Member
    I'll flip if I see the same starting lineup mainly because then I'll know all that Steele and his assistants said is a bunch of bs and coach speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    Not just 4 veteran players, but 4 veteran players who thought they were so good that they had to test the NBA draft waters.
    I've seen this complaint in other places and it is just a pointless argument. Every single starter for Xavier should go to the draft and get information from the NBA. Letting players go through the draft process and then come back to school is one of only good things the NCAA has done in a long time. Their egos were so big that they all decided to come back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I'll flip if I see the same starting lineup mainly because then I'll know all that Steele and his assistants said is a bunch of bs and coach speak.
    Atleast wait to see how they play and how many minutes everyone plays.

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by xcellentx View Post
    Atleast wait to see how they play and how many minutes everyone plays.
    Tonite will be interesting. I cant imagine whoever Steele puts on the floor will not be psyched. Thus, the danger is turnovers and fouling early and often. Whoever guards Yurtseven and McClung can’t foul them . They both make 75 + percent from the line, and our best players will sit early. That and a little better shooting gets the win.