Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 76 of 199 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Steele

Quote Originally Posted by jhelmes37 View Post
    Maybe I'm too empathetic
    LOL, just found my answer to the job interview question "What is your biggest weakness?".

Freshman
    Looking at current stats & this is what Steele has to work with: Naji .437 FG, .303 3 pt FG, .676 FT, 6.2 RPG, 98 A to 81 TO (surprised his A/TO that good) / Jones .550 FG, .603 FT, Tons of Rebounds, 40 A 49 TO / Scruggs .466 FG, .358 3 pt FG,(more 3 pt shots!) .729 FT, 4.6 RPG, 73 A 75 TO (A to TO ratio makes him NOT a PG) / Z Free .476 FG, .391 3 pt FG (feed him for the 3!), .792 FT (drive & get fouled), 4 RPG, 12 A 21 TO (gets stripped too often). These 4 deserve to start. Next 4 up: Tandy .379 FG, .348 3 Pt, .647 FT, 15 A to 18 TO, only 3 steals./ Carter .386 FG (beats Tandy), .260 3 pt FG, .744 FT (beats Tandy) , 2nd in Off Reb., 2nd in Blocks, 37 A to 42 TO. 20 steals. / Q .337 FG, .274 3 pt FG, .617 FT, 21 steals, 85 A to 49 TO (true PG, but can't shoot)./ Moore .305 FG, .294 3 pt FG, .818 FT, 15 A to 18 TO.
    Observations: Q has good A/TO ratio & good amount of Steals. His fall off is really hurting us. Need Q to turn into late season Chalmers,etc... Carter needs to make bunnies at a high clip - many would quit bitching. Tandy needs a better overall FG% & better defense(3 steals for the year!). Does Moore have it in him to be a Malcolm Bernard. I'm Okay with what Travis has done with this bunch.
    Last edited by xu koop scoop; 02-25-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xu koop scoop View Post
    Looking at current stats & this is what Steele has to work with: Naji .437 FG, .303 3 pt FG, .676 FT, 6.2 RPG, 98 A to 81 TO (surprised his A/TO that good) / Jones .550 FG, .603 FT, Tons of Rebounds, 40 A 49 TO / Scruggs .466 FG, .358 3 pt FG,(more 3 pt shots!) .729 FT, 4.6 RPG, 73 A 75 TO (A to TO ratio makes him NOT a PG) / Z Free .476 FG, .391 3 pt FG (feed him for the 3!), .792 FT (drive & get fouled), 4 RPG, 12 A 21 TO (gets stripped too often). These 4 deserve to start. Next 4 up: Tandy .379 FG, .348 3 Pt, .647 FT, 15 A to 18 TO, only 3 steals./ Carter .386 FG (beats Tandy), .260 3 pt FG, .744 FT (beats Tandy) , 2nd in Off Reb., 2nd in Blocks, 37 A to 42 TO. 20 steals. / Q .337 FG, .274 3 pt FG, .617 FT, 21 steals, 85 A to 49 TO (true PG, but can't shoot)./ Moore .305 FG, .294 3 pt FG, .818 FT, 15 A to 18 TO.
    Observations: Q has good A/TO ratio & good amount of Steals. His fall off is really hurting us. Need Q to turn into late season Chalmers,etc... Carter needs to make bunnies at a high clip - many would quit bitching. Tandy needs a better overall FG% & better defense(3 steals for the year!). Does Moore have it in him to be a Malcolm Bernard. I'm Okay with what Travis has done with this bunch.
    Does Q even play the point when he comes in anymore? I feel like Tandy or Scruggs always brings it up when Q is in the game and he's relegated to wing 3 pt shooter. I wish Q could drive and throw up a floater or attempt to finish with his left hand once in a while but maybe I'm hoping for too much. I don't know if he's lost interest, confidence or both but it just seems like he's going through the motions and trying to get out of there ASAP.
    "This [basketball] is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators." - Dick Vertleib

I want to start a fire Roy thread.
    He's last place in the 15 team AAC.
    He's going to have a losing record.
    He obviously can't coach.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    I really don't get this. I recognize the fan base has elected Carter as the outlet for their frustration, but Steele certainly isn't riding him anywhere. Carter uses less possessions than Naji, Tyrique, Scruggs, Goodin, Freemantle and Tandy. He is essentially the 7th offensive option in a 7.5 man rotation. Setting aside the fact that there is literally nothing to indicate James is a better option in that role, Carter is wayyyyyyyyyyy down the list of this team's offensive issues.

Obviously, Carter has been disappointing. I'm sure he would tell you that. But again, it's not like Steele has Derrick Brown rotting away on the bench. With Freemantle and Tandy at this point basically getting 25-30 minutes a game, there's not really much room to complain about Carter's PT.
    There's plenty that can be done to keep him off the floor. He's too slow to play the SF. He gives us nothing for 28 minutes per game.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    LOL, just found my answer to the job interview question "What is your biggest weakness?".
    I used to say, "Sometimes I work harder than I need to get the job done. For example, sometimes I study too long for exams."

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Travis Steele has blown out 2 shooters- Elias Harden who, when he got a court sniff like against Auburn and Villanova last year, performed well. Construction minus 1.
    Dahmir Bishop was a 4 star shooter and actively recruited by Steele. He blew him out too. Construction minus 2.
    Why did they leave? No playing time. Why??
    C'mon MOR, you're too smart to be posting stuff like this. Hardin isn't any good at Jacksonville State and Bishop was shooting 16% from the field when he left.

But to answer your question- they didn't get playing time because 1) they're not very good and 2) they didn't deserve playing time.

Bishop might eventually be a good player. Harden....I'm not sure how a guy with that shooting form ever got a reputation as a shooter. You thought it was a miracle every time on of his shots wen it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Bishop might eventually be a good player.
    You may be right about Bishop, but he was terrible in his limited time here, and he certainly didn't do anything to warrant more minutes, or any minutes for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    There's plenty that can be done to keep him off the floor. He's too slow to play the SF. He gives us nothing for 28 minutes per game.
    I don’t know. Who else do they have left that will give them 7 points, 5 boards and shoot 74% from the line? I don’t think it is sitting on the bench. I know no one wants to say it but he isn’t bad on defense either. I am sure Travis and all of us would love another guy to give them 10 and 6 and be consistent, but I think what we see is all we have.