View Poll Results: .

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 40 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Steele

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Did they play Monday night? The answer is NO. Woodward played Saturday. St. V played Sunday.
    All the players we are interested in were done before 3:00 on Monday. There was zero reason for Steele to be there after that.
    And to my knowledge, no one else that needed to be seen was even playing Monday afternoon/evening anywhere.
    I'm going to defer to Travis Steele on recruiting. That's the one area where you have to be intentionally dense to not give him the benefit of the doubt based on results so far. Do we even know he was at Flyin to the Hoop?

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    It’s my OPINION that unless Xavier suddenly found some consistently good outside shooters the offense is not going to show any remarkable renaissance. I don’t BELIEVE that it’s a case of the wrong person shooting, or people not getting open. NOBODY on the team has been a CONSISTENT threat to make the three point shot.....Xavier has lost several supposed outside shooting threats over the last couple of years.....
    Meanwhile, Elias Harden, who finally left because he wasn't getting enough of playing time, is basically shooting the same percentage from three-34%-as our second best 3 point shooter (KyKy) behind Paul Scruggs 37.5% (not counting Freemantle). Bishop, who was allegedly a fantastic 3 point shooter, rotted on the bench. Bishop never got much of a chance to get his freshman legs under him before he was relegated to oblivion.
    I don't think that sends a great message.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    I'm going to defer to Travis Steele on recruiting. That's the one area where you have to be intentionally dense to not give him the benefit of the doubt based on results so far. Do we even know he was at Flyin to the Hoop?
    Open your ears, finger pointer. Hayes said that on the Coaches Show Monday night.
    I'm sure you defer to Travis on his garbage answers to this team's performance too. Way to accept mediocrity.
    Who's dense?
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 01-21-2020 at 04:25 PM.

Open your ears, finger pointer. Hayes said that on the Coaches Show Monday night.
    Who's dense?
    You are. Feel free to continue harping on media appearances and dissecting press conference sound bites. I'm going to focus on win/loss record and bringing talent into the program, aka the only two things that matter (outside of extreme off the court issues).

A "recruiting trip" all the way to Kettering...during a dead period...to "evaluate". Like he didn't have an entire weekend to "evaluate". Like he didn't have half of Monday to "evaluate"? Like he can't get on a charter plane on an off day to "evaluate". As I said. No one who was playing at Flying to the Hoop on Monday evening is anywhere near on Xavier's radar. It's 45 minutes from Kettering to the radio show. All this after his team has stunk it up for the last 3 games, been barely passable for the 15 games before that, and he had just skipped a post game radio show after a horrible performance. I'm saying the guy is not answering legit questions about his performance, and that is what he is paid handsomely to do.

I want excellence, and we're not getting it. If that's insane, then call me Howard Hughes.
    First you say that Collier at Butler knew ahead of time that Miller was going to suck, forced Miller to hire Holtman as a result, and then fired Miller a few weeks before the season because Miller sucked, and then Collier made up the entire thing about Miller's health issues.

Now you're saying that Travis really didn't need to go to a huge high school tournament just up the road, where several guys we are recruiting are playing in, but only went to avoid his Monday one hour radio show?

C'mon MOR, this is crazy talk.

I will add one more thing- maybe now is a good time to show some support for our coach, rather than continually bashing him because we we're on a three game losing streak. Maybe we should all go back to MM and read all the posts written about Thad Matta before the Run. To many, Matta was an incompetent fool who couldn't coach and previously won only because he was fortunate to have David West. Then when Matta left, these same people were like, "I can't believe he left."
    Last edited by XU 87; 01-21-2020 at 04:33 PM.

You are. Feel free to continue harping on media appearances and dissecting press conference sound bites. I'm going to focus on win/loss record and bringing talent into the program, aka the only two things that matter (outside of extreme off the court issues).
    Oh, yeah. You keep buying in to a two hour video bite of game trash, like vs Marquette, Creighton and Seton Hall. THAT is what I'm dissecting, with the press conferences just the ancillary continuation (when he has the balls to show up) of that trash. I'm looking for a coach with some juice to tell me what the hell he's going to do to fix obvious deficiencies that have been repeated and occurring all year.
    This team is underperforming badly and looks anemic vs well coached teams. THAT is the issue. You can focus on that.
    By the way, just don't forget about the talent he brings in, then blows out.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Which is precisely the problem the way this season is playing out. Xavier hasn't beaten anyone yet that is an NCAA Tournament team (St. John's and TCU are the closest they've come). Losing to a non-tournament team like Wake Forest started the slide and has never been rectified.

You honestly expect fans like MOR to be saying "This is fine" after the team literally quit at a crossroads like the Marquette game? If Xavier wets the bed against Georgetown, I would honestly like to hear the next game we can expect to hear "That's a win" looking at the schedule. It won't exist.

Sophomore
    Did they play Monday night? The answer is NO. Woodward played Saturday. St. V played Sunday.
    All the players we are interested in were done before 3:00 on Monday. There was zero reason for Steele to be there after that.
    And to my knowledge, no one else that needed to be seen was even playing Monday afternoon/evening anywhere.
    we're recruiting a kid on taft. rayvon griffith. they played monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Which is precisely the problem the way this season is playing out. Xavier hasn't beaten anyone yet that is an NCAA Tournament team (St. John's and TCU are the closest they've come). Losing to a non-tournament team like Wake Forest started the slide and has never been rectified.

You honestly expect fans like MOR to be saying "This is fine" after the team literally quit at a crossroads like the Marquette game? If Xavier wets the bed against Georgetown, I would honestly like to hear the next game we can expect to hear "That's a win" looking at the schedule. It won't exist.
    I'm not saying that at all. I'm not going to push back on criticism of the team. They have sucked.

MOR has littered this thread with ridiculous Butler conspiracy theories and complaints about Steele "dodging" the media (and when Steele does comment, he's got a nitpick ready). I find it pretty annoying and misguided, and I've made that clear. Nothing more to it and I don't expect him to stop.

Meanwhile, Elias Harden, who finally left because he wasn't getting enough of playing time, is basically shooting the same percentage from three-34%-as our second best 3 point shooter (KyKy) behind Paul Scruggs 37.5% (not counting Freemantle). Bishop, who was allegedly a fantastic 3 point shooter, rotted on the bench. Bishop never got much of a chance to get his freshman legs under him before he was relegated to oblivion.
    I don't think that sends a great message.
    Are you now arguing that Bishop and his 17% shooting percentage (and 30% from the line) should have received more PT, particularly when Kyky came back?

Elias Harden is averaging 7 points a game for Jacksonville State and is shooting 40% from the field. Are you saying that Travis screwed up by not playing him more at X?

When you coached, was your team motto, "You will get a lot of playing time, regardless of how you produce when you play?"