View Poll Results: .

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 64 of 199 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Steele

I’m not sure what’s more embarrassing: the premise of this thread in general or the pissing match that it contains to prove who has the biggest boner for X basketball. Next topic will be how much somebody donates to the AFO club annually just to prove the point!

The team has warts but are clearly due to personnel and not coaching. I’m not saying Steele is going to be John Wooden but the guy needs some time and players that he recruited to play for him. End of story

Freshman

Thumbs up

Completely supportive of the Steele Wheel. This message board did a Poll on who should be our Next Coach prior to Steele being selected. It seems he won the Poll by a fairly good margin. Once he gets us to another Elite 8, Final 4 or simply wins a BE Regular Season or BE Tourney, maybe he will stick around ala Mark Few or Jay Wright. Someday we may look at him as a Steele of a Deal. Go Travis !

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I’m not sure what’s more embarrassing: the premise of this thread in general or the pissing match that it contains to prove who has the biggest boner for X basketball. Next topic will be how much somebody donates to the AFO club annually just to prove the point!
    I think it's clear that I'm definitely the best fan on this board. And don't even get me going re: my AFO donations. I was a little upset that they named the floor after Kolhepp instead of me.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I think it's clear that I'm definitely the best fan on this board. And don't even get me going re: my AFO donations. I was a little upset that they named the floor after Kolhepp instead of me.
    I knew you were really sweet16 this whole time.

[QUOTE=chico;667632]I knew you were really sweet16 this whole time.[/

That's a low blow.

But I'm definitely a bigger fan than you. You're just a really good fan. I'm a few levels above that.

I AM THE REASON FOR XAVIER'S SUCCESS!!!

While attending UC (couldn't afford Xavier and I have no idea if they had student loans back then) and working my way through college, I purchased Xavier season tickets to root on Byron Larkin (who I rooted against in HS, but then we GCL students band together after HS) and the rest is history. My season ticket cost was $87.00 and there was around 2500 fans in attendance(guessing).

YOU ARE ALL WELCOME
    Balls of Steele!!

[QUOTE=XU 87;667634]
    Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    I knew you were really sweet16 this whole time.[/

That's a low blow.

But I'm definitely a bigger fan than you. You're just a really good fan. I'm a few levels above that.
    Where am I on this fandom list?
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

You're a fan if you saw Steve Thomas play while you were attending X.

(Hello Bobbie!)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Instead of you?

I used to sit in Schmidt Memorial Fieldhouse, semi-relaxed on 3.2 Hudepohl Beer, looking at the top of Tay Baker's head, and imaging how easy it would be to land helicopters on its perfectly flat, quaffed surface. I would do that while watching Xavier get beat like a rented mule at the hands of Notre Dame.

I would like to think that I'm a deserving fan.

'94, I know you travel to games and you own a fine establishment, you are a fan.

Mad, thank you for launching us with Byron!

Paul, I would have loved to have watched Steve Thomas play.

'87, I was told you came up about $3.75 from Bob's donation, give or take a lo...little.
    X A V I E R