View Poll Results: .

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 42 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Steele

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    an assistant could also do the coaches' show. it's really not a big deal at all. it's not about evaluating him. steele knows if he can play or not. he wants to show his face at a big event for the kid. that's how recruiting works. you come to see a kid play and he knows you're serious about him. this is the least of my concerns with steele. really

this is one of, if not the biggest aau tournament in ohio. if we want to recruit the area, it's a good idea for steele to be there. again, this is the most trivial critique of him
    It's a dead period. Coaches can't interact. If the kid is looking in the stands to see who's watching him instead of concentrating on the game, that's a mess. Plus, he's a frosh!
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Your answers are in bold, Counselor.
    And you're dead wrong that X isn't recruiting anyone who is playing in the Fling to the Hoops tourney.

FWIW- someone just PM'd me and wanted to know if Skyhops from the MM stole your password and is posting as you? That can be the only explanation.

blaming elias harden or the bishop transfers on steele is a little ridiculous. mack played harden like 10 minutes total as a freshman. steele gave him a lot of run by comparison. bishop also got a pretty decent amount of playing time for a freshman and he played beyond terribly. steele kept him on the bench for a couple games and he bolted. that's on him not steele. if bishop had hung around a few more games he'd have gotten more time.

lot of things to criticize him for, but that's not one of them
    We have no shooters. That's something to criticize in today's game where shooting is imperative.

Harden was the second best three point shooter last year for guards behind Scruggs, and third behind Scruggs and Welage at 35.3%. That would be second this year overall not counting Free. Yet he could barely see the floor behind Castlin, who couldn't score at all. And now we don't have any shooters. You reap what you sow offensively.
    What would Harden's 7 ppg and 40% shooting at Jacksonville State translate to X this year? 4 ppg and 30% shooting?

I will add, I don't think anyone on this board thinks Travis has done a good job this year, and I think most/all would agree that he's done a lousy job the last three games, but you're going WAAAAYY overboard on your criticisms. For example, arguing that he should have played Harden or Bishop isn't a good argument and makes it seem like you're desperate to find anything whatsoever to complain about.

I think you need a reflection session.
    Last edited by XU 87; 01-21-2020 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    And you're dead wrong that X isn't recruiting anyone who is playing in the Fling to the Hoops tourney. I didn't say that. Did you see my answers on Branham & McMillian? They didn't play MONDAY (Coaches Show day) at all. The only one who did was Griffith- a 2023 kid who can be seen any time. He couldn't even be interacted with.

FWIW- someone just PM'd me and wanted to know if Skyhops from the MM stole your password and is posting as you? That can be the only explanation.
    Again above

Sophomore
    It's a dead period. Coaches can't interact. If the kid is looking in the stands to see who's watching him instead of concentrating on the game, that's a mess. Plus, he's a frosh!
    i mean, that's what happens. kids do that. travis going to this event is more important than the coaches' show. almost anything is more important than the coaches' show. seriously. the same person calls in every week and is the only person who ever asks a question. maybe 100 people listen. i'm glad travis is out recruiting
    Last edited by scoscox; 01-21-2020 at 05:20 PM.

Again above
    Skyhops, is that you? What did you do with MOR?

What would his 7 ppg and 40% shooting at Jacksonville State translate to X this year? 4 ppg and 30% shooting?
    Better than Bryce Moore, and we're short on guards now.

Skyhops, is that you? What did you do with MOR?
    Just ignore the answers. Whatever.

i mean, that's what happens. kids do that
    If a kid did that on a team I coached, he's having a long meeting with Mr. Pine. Unacceptable answer.