View Poll Results: .

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 47 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Steele

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    They’re even making fun of MOR on “the other Xavier Board”. As if that means anything.
    Uh.....To my reading and deep review, NO ONE over there on the "other board" (musketeer mad...) said anything about me. I went over there, for the first time in months, because it stinks, went through multiple threads, and zero comment regarding me. Just a bunch of trash, as usual.

In fact, that Board is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy more negative about this coach and the staffs performance than here. Other than Andy Mac writing on there, that Board is an abject joke. Anybody with a brain avoids it like the plague. There's a reason why we pay to play on this great forum, and not that free piece of crap.

BTW. Getting feedback from NBA scouts is a good thing. I think it definitely helped JP and Tre fo sho'
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Completely agree- What is the point of trying to improve your skill set in a way that gives you the best chance at reaching your dreams. DUMB
    I think what's dumb is anyone who thinks all 4 of those kids have a shot and that it hasn't hurt the team this year.

I miss the good old days when players got exposure through playing well during the regular season and making some noise in the NCAA Tournament. Now we have kids more focused on the summer than the season. Yay us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrett View Post
    I think what's dumb is anyone who thinks all 4 of those kids have a shot and that it hasn't hurt the team this year.

I miss the good old days when players got exposure through playing well during the regular season and making some noise in the NCAA Tournament. Now we have kids more focused on the summer than the season. Yay us.
    The latest anyone could have withdrawn their name last year was May 29th. Xavier practiced earlier this year than normal because of the Spain trip, but still didn't practice until late July. That is two full months between the withdrawal deadline and the earliest possible start of college practice.

Going through the process didn't seem to hurt Trevon Bluiett's senior year.

When do we start the discussion of how this team has too many alternate jersey options and its taking away from gameplan focus?
    Last edited by AviatorX; 01-22-2020 at 02:21 PM.

No one is saying that any of the 4 guys would get drafted if they stayed in last year and are most likely not getting drafted this year. Your conclusion that because they tested the waters it has hurt the team is unfounded. And to act like this shouldn't be encouraged is just incorrect.

You still get exposure by playing for the regular season and tourney, and to act like most kids on most teams aren't doing that because of some new draft process is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    The latest anyone could have withdrawn their name last year was May 29th. Xavier practiced earlier this year than normal because of the Spain trip, but still didn't practice until late July. That is two full months between the withdrawal deadline and the earliest possible start of college practice.

Going through the process didn't seem to hurt Trevon Bluiett's senior year.

When do we start the discussion of how this team has too many alternate jersey options and its taking away from gameplan focus?
    Trevon Bluiett had a legitimate reason to be going through the process.

Trevon Bluiett had a legitimate reason to be going through the process.
    Being good in college doesn't automatically transfer to the NBA, as you can see with Bluiett not being drafted. You could argue that Scruggs and Marshall, while not being as dynamic as Bluiett in college, have size and skillsets that are more NBA ready.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Uh.....To my reading and deep review, NO ONE over there on the "other board" (musketeer mad...) said anything about me. I went over there, for the first time in months, because it stinks, went through multiple threads, and zero comment regarding me.
    “At XU Hoops” thread, response 3 from “thecoach”.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Uh.....To my reading and deep review, NO ONE over there on the "other board" (musketeer mad...) said anything about me. I went over there, for the first time in months, because it stinks, went through multiple threads, and zero comment regarding me. Just a bunch of trash, as usual.

In fact, that Board is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy more negative about this coach and the staffs performance than here. Other than Andy Mac writing on there, that Board is an abject joke. Anybody with a brain avoids it like the plague. There's a reason why we pay to play on this great forum, and not that free piece of crap.

BTW. Getting feedback from NBA scouts is a good thing. I think it definitely helped JP and Tre fo sho'
    Well, there’s only about 3-4 people that actually ever post over there, so yeah if 2-3 of them post up negative comments you “could” say that site is “more” negative.

And pay to play? First I’ve heard about that.

I personally don’t see anything wrong with the pre-draft process that is currently in place either.

I forgot musketeermadness still existed. Thank God Muskie & Co. saved us from that place!

Quote Originally Posted by xcellentx View Post
    Being good in college doesn't automatically transfer to the NBA, as you can see with Bluiett not being drafted. You could argue that Scruggs and Marshall, while not being as dynamic as Bluiett in college, have size and skillsets that are more NBA ready.
    Trevon Blueitt actually came back from those evaluations a better player. He slimmed down and came back looking more athletic. I don't see that any of the 4 guys took anything away from their evaluations.