View Poll Results: .

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 67 of 199 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Steele

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Jeez man, this is a seriously negative way to paint the last month. What would your take be if X beat Nova? Because the fortunes of a team that’s pretty much playing to be an 8-12 seed should not swing that wildly on losing one Q1 game. Especially when that team already has a massive marquee Q1 win and the strength of the resume after that is “no bad losses.”
    Again, If we were playing good basketball right now (like late last year when the team put together a bunch of good games in a row) I feel completely different than I do. You literally have no idea what this team is going to do from 1 game to the next. The only guy you can count on right now is Tyrique. Our guard play the last 3 games has been really poor......
    Last edited by bleedXblue; 02-23-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Again, If we were playing good basketball right now (like late last year when the team put together a bunch of good games in a row) I feel completely different than I do. You literally have no idea what this team is going to do from 1 game to the next. The only guy you can count on right now is Tyrique.
    Fair enough. I honestly admire your commitment and focus on wanting good basketball played (although I firmly believe people are really putting a favorable spin on February of last season). I don’t care what it looks like, they’ve been getting the results they need. And honestly the efforts against SH, DePaul and Providence weren’t exactly wildly inconsistent.

Mack sucked end of story and he still sucks at ville. I have no evidence to really back this up but he sucks.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Fair enough. I honestly admire your commitment and focus on wanting good basketball played (although I firmly believe people are really putting a favorable spin on February of last season). I don’t care what it looks like, they’ve been getting the results they need. And honestly the efforts against SH, DePaul and Providence weren’t exactly wildly inconsistent.
    Yes after those game, I was feeling pretty bullish we had turned the corner. The last 3 have been shitty performances. We escaped St J's and were very, very lucky. Its one game at a time for this team. MUST win on Tuesday.

Yes after those game, I was feeling pretty bullish we had turned the corner. The last 3 have been shitty performances. We escaped St J's and were very, very lucky. Its one game at a time for this team. MUST win on Tuesday.
    Don’t ever apologize about a road win in New York at Madison Square Garden, in the Big East. St Johns was desperate and had just beaten Providence. They felt they still had a chance. St. John’s forces 17 turnover per game in the Big East. Butler turned it over 23 times against them. St. John’s beat Arizona and West Virginia. Every win in the Big East is a good win this year. Frankly X might be the least talented team in the Big East. I think every other team has at least one NBA player at some point. I don’t think Xavier does.

Junior
    The Mack hate is bizarre. He’s the most successful coach in Xavier history....if you think he’s a bad coach then you probably think X hasn’t had a solid coach yet.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    It doesn't, we've lost 2 of the last 3 and haven't played well at all in any of those games. Season isn't over, but getting to 20 wins seems unlikely me to. I hope I am wrong.
    To get to 20 before the Big East Tournament requires 3 more wins - DePaul and Butler are both winnable at home, and getting a split on the final road trip to Georgetown and Providence would get it done.

Still, you never know which Georgetown team shows up on any given night - they lost at DePaul last night. Providence is catching fire and I think they may end up being the seventh Big East team instead of the Hoyas. While Xavier hasn't had a high quantity of quality wins this year, it would still take a collapse IMHO for them to not make the NCAAs.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Mack sucked end of story and he still sucks at ville. I have no evidence to really back this up but he sucks.
    I agree. Other than his three Sweet 16's, elite 8, BE Championship, #1 seed, and #2 seed, what the hell did he do here?

(And I think a few didn't pick up on your sarcasm font.)

On another note- I brought my "A" game yesterday. I was loud as hell, and again confirmed that I am X's top fan.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I agree. Other than his three Sweet 16's, elite 8, BE Championship, #1 seed, and #2 seed, what the hell did he do here?

(And I think a few didn't pick up on your sarcasm font.)

On another note- I brought my "A" game yesterday. I was loud as hell, and again confirmed that I am X's top fan.
    B- at best! I didn't see a single "huddle dance" from your crew.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Walk-On
    Mack did great for X and pretty successful at Louisville. but make no mistake, he had a foot out the door before the season started. There is a reason he told some recruits (specifically David Johnson) during his recruitment for X, johnson said mack told him "you can play for me wherever i am next year." Mack woke up on 3rd base when he got to X when he was handed Crawford and Tu. He recruited and coached some very good teams that absolutely under-achieved (most recently with Bluitt and Macura). He also under achieved with Frease, Tu, and Lyons and again with Reynolds, Farr, and Miles. He did overachieve in their last elite 8 performance when Sumner got hurt. I don't blame Mack for chasing the money but screwed X on the way out. People tried to make him out to be a good guy by telling Hankins to honor his commitment to X. Thats because Louisville didn't need him. If he really wanted to be a stand up guy, Johnson wold be wearing an X uniform.