Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 615

Thread: Fire travis

  1. #401
    Sophomore XUGRAD80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Meanwhile, Elias Harden, who finally left because he wasn't getting enough of playing time, is basically shooting the same percentage from three-34%-as our second best 3 point shooter (KyKy) behind Paul Scruggs 37.5% (not counting Freemantle). Bishop, who was allegedly a fantastic 3 point shooter, rotted on the bench. Bishop never got much of a chance to get his freshman legs under him before he was relegated to oblivion.
    I don't think that sends a great message.
    Man you’ve got some really great eyesight if you can see how these guys play in practice all the way from Cleveland. LOL. Could it be, since neither Harden or Bishop showed much in the games, when they got into them, that what we did see of them was what they really are? And on the subject of Scrugg’s, let me enlighten you to that fact that while he has had a game where he went 3-3, and another game where he went 1-1, he has also had 2 games where he went 2-7, a 3-8 game, a 2-6 game, a 1-4 game, and and 0-1 game too....hardly CONSISTENT. Neither Bishop or Harden (or anyone else) has shown any consistency in the games. I’m willing to bet they haven’t shown it in practice either. But that’s just a guess. I’m much closer than you are, but I still can’t see what happens in practice......NONE of us can.

  2. #402
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Overlook Hotel
    Posts
    11,805
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    I'm not saying that at all. I'm not going to push back on criticism of the team. They have sucked.

    MOR has littered this thread with ridiculous Butler conspiracy theories and complaints about Steele "dodging" the media (and when Steele does comment, he's got a nitpick ready). I find it pretty annoying and misguided, and I've made that clear. Nothing more to it and I don't expect him to stop.
    I'm calling dibs on the "Steele dossier" involving collusion with Butler.

  3. #403
    Voice of Reason Masterofreality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    On America's Great North Coast
    Posts
    17,892
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    First you say that Collier at Butler knew ahead of time that Miller was going to suck, forced Miller to hire Holtman as a result, and then fired Miller a few weeks before the season because Miller sucked, and then Collier made up the entire thing about Miller's health issues.

    Now you're saying that Travis really didn't need to go to a huge high school tournament just up the road, where several guys we are recruiting are playing in, but only went to avoid his Monday one hour radio show?

    C'mon MOR, this is crazy talk.

    I will add one more thing- maybe now is a good time to show some support for our coach, rather than continually bashing him because we we're on a three game losing streak. Maybe we should all go back to MM and read all the posts written about Thad Matta before the Run. To many, Matta was an incompetent fool who couldn't coach and previously won only because he was fortunate to have David West. Then when Matta left, these same people were like, "I can't believe he left."
    I'm telling you that Collier had a backup plan in place. That's it. Neither you or I know for sure, what all the circumstances are, but tell me that it doesn't look odd that a Head Coach who just took his school to its first postseason appearance and had just been given 5 extra years of security via a contract extension just up and leaves for an assistants job at a school where he had zero prior connection? Hmmmm.

    NONE of the players that we are recruiting played Monday afternoon/night. The coach contracted for a radio show. Show up.

    As to the support. Last year, was an under performance in my view. This year with 4 veteran players, 2 of which played in the Elite 8, is a huge under performance. I need to be shown that he deserves support, and not just because we beat a garbage UC team. This team's offense is a joke compared to well coached teams. Creighton made us look like Clowns in our own building. Support needs to be earned, not given.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

  4. #404
    Senior
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    If he had a "Reflection Session", apparently it wasn't offensive in nature. When Shannon Russell asked him what changes we might see tomorrow, he said:
    "We've competed a lot since the Marquette game, but your going to see a big difference hopefully on the defensive end. You'd better see a big difference on the defensive end and on the backboard".

    Thanks for that answer Travis Cronin.

    Welp, we'll see, but what about the anemic offense, Travis? I know you don't want to give any secrets, but, ya know, our defense is practicing against our offense. I'm sure that is really a test.
    Gross. So what can we expect? The same starting lineup that has been gawd awful for three games and an anemic offense that we have seen all year because Steele refuses to switch up the lineup which any idiot can see needs to be changed.

  5. #405
    Voice of Reason Masterofreality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    On America's Great North Coast
    Posts
    17,892
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    we're recruiting a kid on taft. rayvon griffith. they played monday night.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Rayvon Griffith is 15 freaking years old, and is in the class of 2023!!!!. Plus he plays at TAFT. Are you actually telling me that an assistant couldn't go and evaluate, take video and bring it back?? Plus the kid can be evaluated by Steele almost at whim!!!
    Sorry, but that is a red herring, although congrats on nailing me on the Monday night play thing.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

  6. #406
    Sophomore scoscox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,055
    blaming elias harden or the bishop transfers on steele is a little ridiculous. mack played harden like 10 minutes total as a freshman. steele gave him a lot of run by comparison. bishop also got a pretty decent amount of playing time for a freshman and he played beyond terribly. steele kept him on the bench for a couple games and he bolted. that's on him not steele. if bishop had hung around a few more games he'd have gotten more time.

    lot of things to criticize him for, but that's not one of them
    "The only time you take your hands off an opponent's throat is to get a better grip" - Byron Larkin

  7. #407
    Supporting Member XU 87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I'm telling you that Collier had a backup plan in place. That's it. Neither you or I know for sure, what all the circumstances are, but tell me that it doesn't look odd that a Head Coach who just took his school to its first postseason appearance and had just been given 5 extra years of security via a contract extension just up and leaves for an assistants job at a school where he had zero prior connection? Hmmmm.

    NONE of the players that we are recruiting played Monday afternoon/night. The coach contracted for a radio show. Show up.

    As to the support. Last year, was an under performance in my view. This year with 4 veteran players, 2 of which played in the Elite 8, is a huge under performance. I need to be shown that he deserves support, and not just because we beat a garbage UC team. This team's offense is a joke compared to well coached teams. Creighton made us look like Clowns in our own building. Support needs to be earned, not given.
    Your first paragraph is complete fantasy.

    Since you seem to know so much, please let us know 1) where Travis actually was on Monday and 2) we would like a complete list of every player in the Dayton tourney so you can support your statement that "X isn't recruiting anyone in that tourney". (I think there are about 400 kids playing in the tourney.)

    So "support is earned, not given." What does that mean? You don't support X teams until they've "earned" your support?
    Last edited by XU 87; 01-21-2020 at 06:02 PM.

  8. #408
    Voice of Reason Masterofreality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    On America's Great North Coast
    Posts
    17,892
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Man you’ve got some really great eyesight if you can see how these guys play in practice all the way from Cleveland. LOL. Could it be, since neither Harden or Bishop showed much in the games, when they got into them, that what we did see of them was what they really are? .
    Harden was the second best three point shooter last year for guards behind Scruggs, and third behind Scruggs and Welage at 35.3%. That would be second this year overall not counting Free. Yet he could barely see the floor behind Castlin, who couldn't score at all. And now we don't have any shooters. You reap what you sow offensively.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

  9. #409
    Sophomore scoscox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Rayvon Griffith is 15 freaking years old, and is in the class of 2023!!!!. Plus he plays at TAFT. Are you actually telling me that an assistant couldn't go and evaluate, take video and bring it back?? Plus the kid can be evaluated by Steele almost at whim!!!
    Sorry, but that is a red herring, although congrats on nailing me on the Monday night play thing.
    an assistant could also do the coaches' show. it's really not a big deal at all. it's not about evaluating him. steele knows if he can play or not. he wants to show his face at a big event for the kid. that's how recruiting works. you come to see a kid play and he knows you're serious about him. this is the least of my concerns with steele. really

    this is one of, if not the biggest aau tournament in ohio. if we want to recruit the area, it's a good idea for steele to be there. again, this is the most trivial critique of him
    Last edited by scoscox; 01-21-2020 at 06:01 PM.
    "The only time you take your hands off an opponent's throat is to get a better grip" - Byron Larkin

  10. #410
    Voice of Reason Masterofreality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    On America's Great North Coast
    Posts
    17,892
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Your first paragraph is complete fantasy. Explain how Holtmann left a great secure gig at GWebb for an Asst. Job, please

    Since you seem to know so much, please let us know 1) where Travis actually was on Monday Hayes said Kettering- Flying to the Hoop on the Coaches Show Monday night that I listened to. Did You?
    and 2) we would like a complete list of every player in the Dayton tourney so you can support your statement that X isn't recruiting anyone in that tourney". See my answers above about Monday afternoon/evening (I think there are about 400 kids playing in the tourney.)

    So "support is earned, not given." What does that mean? You don't support X teams until they've "earned" your support? I pay my contributions. I have my Big East Tourney Tickets. I support X teams. I support Melanie Moore even though she's had a tough year because I can see what she's trying to install. Steele has not "earned" any support from me for the job he's doing. Show me something.

    If and when Travis turns things around, I think you will owe him an apology for all this nonsense you keep writing about him.
    Your answers are in bold, Counselor.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •