View Poll Results: .

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 25 of 199 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Steele

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    After , in 2006, Miller told Dedrick Finn goodbye in mid season. That wound up in a conference championship and an NCAA berth.
    Time to act like a real head coach Travis and not the players friend...if you have the guts.
    This team went 8-8 in a really, really bad Atlantic 10.

Does the season seem even more frustrating when I tell everyone that if the Lineup holds till the end of the year, the Starting 5 will feature four 1,000 point scorer's?
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Travis Steele looked back to one of the greatest teams in Xavier history. He saw that in 2004 the team was 10-9 and just got blown out on the road against a rather crappy GW team. He figured that was the pace he needed to be on! HE IS SUCCEEDING!!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Well... there’s a touch of truth to that. In both 04 and 17 we were dead in the water...

Maybe there’s hope. Sure don’t feel like that though...

Quote Originally Posted by jhelmes37 View Post
    Well... there’s a touch of truth to that. In both 04 and 17 we were dead in the water...

I didn't feel much hope in 2004...
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Travis Steele looked back to one of the greatest teams in Xavier history. He saw that in 2004 the team was 10-9 and just got blown out on the road against a rather crappy GW team. He figured that was the pace he needed to be on! HE IS SUCCEEDING!!!
    Oh, man. What a horrible memory. I was at the GW game, January 28, 2004, and saw a Xavier team abjectly quit on the court. The only time in my life I've ever seen that. Then they went to udump and lost. Somehow Lionel Chalmers saved the season and XU went on and won 16 out of 17, only losing to Dookcane until they got screwed vs Dook. Hard to see that happening now, but YNK.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Oh, man. What a horrible memory. I was at the GW game, January 28, 2004, and saw a Xavier team abjectly quit on the court. The only time in my life I've ever seen that. Then they went to udump and lost. Somehow Lionel Chalmers saved the season and XU went on and won 16 out of 17, only losing to Dookcane until they got screwed vs Dook. Hard to see that happening now, but YNK.
    That's why part of me was hoping that we'd hear about a damaged locker room in Milwaukee last night. I just don't see anyone who has the mentality of a Chalmers or Malcolm Bernard to draw the line.

I was in Vegas for the Dookane game. What a kick to the gut that one was when it seemed like we had a clear path to an at-large bid despite our earlier troubles. Now we were going to have to beat #1 St. Joe's in the conference tournament, and there was obviously no way that was going to happen. Wonder how that turned out anyway...

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    That's why part of me was hoping that we'd hear about a damaged locker room in Milwaukee last night. I just don't see anyone who has the mentality of a Chalmers or Malcolm Bernard to draw the line.
    These guys seem more apt to try to one-up Steele than break some shit because they're competitive and pissed.

They don't play pissed.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by jhelmes37 View Post

This feels different.

But I will say, everytime I've had this level of doubt in my life, Xavier threw it right back in my face by pulling it together and frankly, over-achieving.

I just can't see that re-invention this year.