View Poll Results: .

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 21 of 199 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Steele

Quote Originally Posted by DART87 View Post
    This is a ridiculous thread. I support Steele, I feel bad for him actually. These upperclassmen should be leading and playing like an experienced unit. I do not see that type of leadership on the floor. Coach can do some things but he is giving them every chance to turn the corner. It is painful to watch.
    Everybody should have seen this coming when all four "declared for the NBA draft" and had no business doing it.
    Inflated opinions of individual ability and is now a glaring problem.

I was criticized and made fun of on another Xavier board a couple of years ago for suggesting Xavier hire Eric Musselman. I'm not giving up on Coach Steele yet, but Musselman currently has Arkansas about to go 14-2. They're 28th in Kenpom with a defensive ranking of 15 and an improving offense.

Steele has to make drastic changes. Tell Bryce Moore and Jason Carter thank you for the post-grad year, but their minutes are going to the younger guys. Sit Goodin and only give him 15 minutes a game until he can show he can lead the second string guys and actually contribute.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Go Golston View Post
    Everybody should have seen this coming when all four "declared for the NBA draft" and had no business doing it.
    Did you hear that from the coach's father in law?

I think you have a really solid point here

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I was criticized and made fun of on another Xavier board a couple of years ago for suggesting Xavier hire Eric Musselman. I'm not giving up on Coach Steele yet, but Musselman currently has Arkansas about to go 14-2. They're 28th in Kenpom with a defensive ranking of 15 and an improving offense.

Steele has to make drastic changes. Tell Bryce Moore and Jason Carter thank you for the post-grad year, but their minutes are going to the younger guys. Sit Goodin and only give him 15 minutes a game until he can show he can lead the second string guys and actually contribute.
    You think Muss would have left the team he had coming back at Nevada last year? He also got a $12.5 million deal from Arkansas.
    Last edited by AviatorX; 01-15-2020 at 09:26 PM.

Jesus. I'm open to criticizing Steele and the team, but can we keep it to the non-stupid division, please?

There's literally only upside to going through that process. Any coaching staff in America would tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Still think this thread is ridiculous. But not a few good days for the trust in Coach Steele camp.
    Ugly times. Coach Steele hasn't had it too bad from we the fans yet, give him a minute and the Big East is tough, but the trajectory is not good. Last year's team, with presumably less talent, had the 6 game bust before almost beating Nova to get in the dance. So, we keep hope alive.

That said, against Marquette we looked disjointed and again outmatched, hard to watch. Mr. Steele, who I'm sure isn't listening, play to your players strengths, cause what we got right now sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    You think Muss would have left the team he had coming back at Nevada last year? He also got a $12.5 million deal from Arkansas.
    Maybe, maybe not, but he's got his team, in his first year playing very good, and improving...

Like I said, I haven't given up on Coach Steele. Something's wrong. I'm tired of it's the way the roster is constructed argument. Coach them up! If we suck at shooting we better be a great rebounding team and play great defense. We better take care of the basketball and get the most out of every possession! Are those things happening?

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Jesus. I'm open to criticizing Steele and the team, but can we keep it to the non-stupid division, please?

There's literally only upside to going through that process. Any coaching staff in America would tell you that.
    And the upside to this TEAM is?
    I guess that's why JP Macura declared before his senior season. Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    Mr. Steele, who I'm sure isn't listening, play to your players strengths, cause what we got right now sucks.
    He’s not talking either. He chickened out of the postgame radio interview.

Another Croninesque move.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell