View Poll Results: .

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 2 of 199 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Steele

Freshman
    Weren't we 3-8 in BE last year & somehow win 6 of last 7 to finish 9-9. We are only 1-3 at this point. 9-9 looks difficult again, yet I would accept that & move on.

Quote Originally Posted by xu koop scoop View Post
    Weren't we 3-8 in BE last year & somehow win 6 of last 7 to finish 9-9. We are only 1-3 at this point. 9-9 looks difficult again, yet I would accept that & move on.
    Accept that? Hell, I'd vote for a contract extension and a raise!

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    Yes, the players share a bunch of the blame for their performance. But, Steele is the coach. It is his job to put together a plan that allows his team to play to their strengths, minimize their weaknesses and do the opposite to our opponents. It is hard to argue that he has done that. Who among us, before this season began, was lamenting "Gee we only have four starters back and that transfer from O.U. who was their best player?" We expected more. First from the players but also from our coach.

My take is that he just isn't yet ready. And that assessment probably applies to the rest of his staff as well. But, like you, there is absolutely no way I support his termination. We all need to give him time to grow into his job. It may be painful. To date, it has been painful. But, if we want a coach to be loyal to us (and, let's face it, we haven't found that coach in recent times), we need to be loyal to him. We've got to show him our commitment so he can grow and become the coach we all want him to be.
    I’m no fan of Steele but good take here.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Accept that? Hell, I'd vote for a contract extension and a raise!
    Seriously. That probably means white jerseys the first game of the NCAA’s.

Freshman
    (Consider comment in a humorous, yet over the top payback vein), No desire to Fire Steele, but setting Mack's house on Fire for what he did seems reasonable.

Sophomore
    I think to save the season the fans have to suck it up and support the team even when the play is unsupportable. I can dissect a game with the best of them and still play at 64 2 or 3 x a week, but I would hate to see Cintas turned into a negative environment or even apathetic. Every game is winnable still, and I have seen at UConn the fans become apathetic and negative and it hurts the team and (in the case of a Jesuit private school) the value add a good Big East schedule gives for enrollment, endowment etc. I am very aggravated (again my blood pressure goes from 120 to 180 during a tight and/or bad game and pulse from 62 to 85) and watched Butler, Villanova, Seton Hall, Marquette games this weekend wishing we played like them but have to accept the bad with the good. Love reading all the analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    I think to save the season the fans have to suck it up and support the team even when the play is unsupportable. I can dissect a game with the best of them and still play at 64 2 or 3 x a week, but I would hate to see Cintas turned into a negative environment or even apathetic. Every game is winnable still, and I have seen at UConn the fans become apathetic and negative and it hurts the team and (in the case of a Jesuit private school) the value add a good Big East schedule gives for enrollment, endowment etc. I am very aggravated (again my blood pressure goes from 120 to 180 during a tight and/or bad game and pulse from 62 to 85) and watched Butler, Villanova, Seton Hall, Marquette games this weekend wishing we played like them but have to accept the bad with the good. Love reading all the analysis.
    What adds to the frustration is that this is happening at Cintas. If it happens on the road we say, "Man it's tough to win on the road in the Big East."

Not for Seton Hall or Creighton, apparently.

I can't see many of our fans becoming complacent and making the home court even less of an advantage. I hope they are few and far between.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Steele has this season and the next before I would seriously question him. When I look through the recruiting lens I am always looking for 2 strong contributors in each recruiting class. I think kyKy and Zach have the potential to be that by the end of this season with Miles being a sleeper.

Next year seems to be loaded too - but we won't know till the class shows up and we get to 5 games into conf play.

My jury is out till end of next year - but I think we are right where I expected him to be. Middle of the pack of the 2nd most difficult conf in the land. Would I like more? Hell ya!!! But reality is that we are who we are - and its a decent enough place...

and because i can't help myself - look at UC and the AAC.... ugggghhhhhhh

I just hope Travis isn’t all the coaches VD has had over the years. It scares me to think we could fall like VD did after the 80’s. They are good this year but we all know that is just a fluke. Please Steele make me proud again!!!!
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Way too early to be talking about this. As I said in another thread, if we’re struggling like this again next year and don’t make the NCAA tourney for a 3rd straight year, assuming we don’t make it this year, then his seat gets hot. He still doesn’t get fired.

I agree with this. My dad just told me he has seen X struggle in Jan only to heat up when it counts so let’s hope the past is the future. BTW Justin Doellman and David Bell at Madtree after the game. Not sure why Bell was there. He is tiny.
    Next year seems to be loaded too - but we won't know till the class shows up and we get to 5 games into conf play.

My jury is out till end of next year - but I think we are right where I expected him to be. Middle of the pack of the 2nd most difficult conf in the land. Would I like more? Hell ya!!! But reality is that we are who we are - and its a decent enough place...

and because i can't help myself - look at UC and the AAC.... ugggghhhhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield