0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 176 of 199 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1987

Thread: Coach Steele

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Or allowed a Board member who's son-in-law was a coach - not sure which happened first. Steele has been here for a long time.
    Go to propublica.org and type in Xavier University. You can pull up tax returns by year that provide a lot of information including Travis’ salary and the date Mike McCaw (Travis’ FIL) was added to the BOT. Mike was added to the Board the year after Travis was named head coach.

Steele met his wife at Xavier, right?

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Steele met his wife at Xavier, right?
    I don't know if you mean that literally.....such as she was a student at X and they met on campus.......I don't know that. I do know that he got married as an assistant coach a X.

I mean that he met her after taking the job as an assistant at Xavier(?)

All-Conference
    Sounds like Steele was a coach when Board member was appointed. Steele hadn't met his future wife yet. So no conflict at the time.

However, the question, I guess, remains that would that Board member remain as a Board member after they tied the knot. Or Steele would have to coach somewhere else. No exactly the same as the Miller situation, but in the same ballpark.

Freshman
    Sounds like Steele was a coach when Board member was appointed. Steele hadn't met his future wife yet. So no conflict at the time.

However, the question, I guess, remains that would that Board member remain as a Board member after they tied the knot. Or Steele would have to coach somewhere else. No exactly the same as the Miller situation, but in the same ballpark.
    No that is not correct. I don't know the exact dates but the timeline was: Travis becomes an assistant coach, then Travis gets married, then Travis becomes head coach, then FIL gets appointed to the BOT.

OK, so the problem was appointing his dad in law to the Board.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    One of our very own xavierhoops posters is a board member. I did not know that until I just started looking at the BoT list.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    One of our very own xavierhoops posters is a board member. I did not know that until I just started looking at the BoT list.
    There is a sh*t ton of BOTs - do all of those people really get a say? Seems like a giant cluster to get that many people on the same page.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    There is a sh*t ton of BOTs - do all of those people really get a say? Seems like a giant cluster to get that many people on the same page.
    That I have no idea. I am sure some have much more sway than others.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17