Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 146 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1987

Thread: Coach Steele

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Disclaimer: This was an attempt at humor by esteemed member OTR.

OTR, you need to understand sarcasm and inside jokes are often not appreciated by everyone.

I call on the Mods to send a PM to all members in regards to the necessity of an obligatory reflection period to allow for healing and unity.
    Again, the attempt at humor was done in a public setting available to players, recruits and their families. If you think they never look at this stuff, I’d argue against it. If this was done on a professional level sports team, I’d take no offense whatsoever. I just think this was a bad idea, and I’ll stand by that no matter how innocent it was meant to be. Strangers just read the headline, no context included.

Sorry, that’s how I see it. I’m usually a pretty fun loving guy, but I’m not loving this.
    Last edited by xu82; 12-30-2020 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Again, the attempt at humor was done in a public setting available to players, recruits and their families. If you think they never look at this stuff, I’d argue against it. If this was done on a professional level sports team, I’d take no offense whatsoever. I just think this was a bad idea, and I’ll stand by that no matter how innocent it was meant to be. Strangers just read the headline, no context included.

Sorry, that’s how I see it. I’m usually a pretty fun loving guy, but I’m not loving this.
    I understand 82. I hope no one wants the University to replace TS. In competitive sports you sometimes get mauled.

Couple of big positives for me:

Carter playing D and grabbing a board one handed with a partially severed head was sensational. I’ve only seen that level of focus and grittiness on a football field. Absolute geat leadership and hope the tenacity is infectious.

Free’s interior game bounced back.

Stanley gets points.

The shots didn’t fall today.

Watch Carter John McClain through a possession with a blood soaked head and burn the tape (or hit the delete button with an inappropriate amount of force).

More games to play...

Steele will be fine. We are 8-2 we’re ranked and lost to a good creighton team. Seton Hall just beat our asses. If we play like this against the Johnnies then I say FIRE STEELE.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

All-Conference
    In the game thread, someone said “I wonder how long it will take for someone to create the Fire Steele thread after this one”. And five minutes later, it was there. It was funny.

Damn, some of you people are wound tight.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    In the game thread, someone said “I wonder how long it will take for someone to create the Fire Steele thread after this one”. And five minutes later, it was there. It was funny.

Damn, some of you people are wound tight.
    From those of us that don’t participate in the game threads....thanks for the clarification.

But perhaps the title of the thread could have explained that a little better? Could have said something about it being a joke? You know, just for those people that didn’t know it was supposed to be a joke, and took it seriously without reading everything else? That’s certainly one of the problems with social media, isn’t it? That people read headlines and not the whole story? And then run with it without knowing the whole story. There is the potential for that to be a potential recruit, or someone in their circle, that doesn’t realize it’s a joke and let’s it influence their decisions. Wouldn’t want that happen, would we.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    From those of us that don’t participate in the game threads....thanks for the clarification.

But perhaps the title of the thread could have explained that a little better? Could have said something about it being a joke? You know, just for those people that didn’t know it was supposed to be a joke, and took it seriously without reading everything else? That’s certainly one of the problems with social media, isn’t it? That people read headlines and not the whole story? And then run with it without knowing the whole story. There is the potential for that to be a potential recruit, or someone in their circle, that doesn’t realize it’s a joke and let’s it influence their decisions. Wouldn’t want that happen, would we.
    Or you could just not take a message board so seriously.

This thread has taught me a lot about 70 year olds on the internet...

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Or you could just not take a message board so seriously.
    And that response just proves that sarcasm and humor don’t translate well on message boards.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdiggins View Post
    This thread has taught me a lot about 70 year olds on the internet...
    Bite your tongue you young whippersnapper! You better make sure I can’t catch you in my wheelchair before you start sprouting off!

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post

This was sarcasm and humor?