View Poll Results: .

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 145 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1987

Thread: Coach Steele

That article has more twist and turns than a roller coaster...
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Fire steele

I have no message but figured we all like having fun with this one.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Junior
    Seems like a dumb reason to start a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    I have no message but figured we all like having fun with this one.
    Are you brain dead?

Post something on the existing thread if you want to vent......It takes no time to find it. You're making an ass of yourself.

NO. NOT FUN.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 12-30-2020 at 09:06 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

All-Conference
    I find it pretty funny.

Really hoping we don’t see the Steele Big East fold this year. At some point, we have to be better than the 6-10, 7-9 range.

No my brain is pretty good actually. I thought it was funny too. Thanks Drudy for appreciating the humor. Glad to know not everybody is brain dead.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

I will copy and paste from the game thread:

Please forgive me, but I’m going to use an NFL analogy here. As you may know, I’m a Buffalo Bills fan. MANY Bills fans were ALL OVER our HC, Sean McDermott for all kinds of decisions the first few years. Even when we won, he didn’t do enough to make people happy. But year after year he has become a better coach. We went from missing the playoffs or sneaking into the playoffs, to a #2 or 3 seed and 12-13 wins.

A lot of this had to do with building a roster. There is only one player on the active roster from when he arrived. BUT, a LOT of it has to do with him learning to be a better HC, and he will tell you that.

The opposite approach is the Browns. How many HC’s have they had in the last 10-20 years? Sadly, it’s way too close to 10-20 coaches! While they are finally putting something together this season, excessive turnover means you will never establish anything. Especially in college hoops, where you start over recruiting with every new regime.

I’m in the camp where you ride this out and give them every opportunity to grow into what they can be. The players and the coaches. Not forever, but you give it plenty of time rather than employ the Browns model over the last couple of decades. I bet they wish they had held onto Belichick until he got a QB and figured things out.

Just one guy’s opinion.

I don’t see this thread as being productive or funny, or helpful to the program. Why you thought this was worthy of a new thread, I have no idea.

Again, just one guy’s opinion.

Last edited by xu82; 12-30-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Sophomore
    Good grief. The thread was meant as a joke. Whether you think it’s funny or not… whatever. A joke, meant at the expense of those who might actually think Steele should be fired. Some of you are goofy peeps.

And there is nothing *productive* that happens on this board. Nothing.
    Last edited by XUBison; 12-30-2020 at 10:56 PM.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Good grief. The thread was meant as a joke. Whether you think it’s funny or not… whatever. A joke, meant at the expense of those who might actually think Steele should be fired. Some of you are goofy peeps.

And there is nothing *productive* that happens on this board. Nothing.
    The six or so people who have posted are not the only people who will read this crap. Keep that in mind. It’s not funny or even remotely amusing, and it’s certainly not helpful.

Disclaimer: This was an attempt at humor by esteemed member OTR.

OTR, you need to understand sarcasm and inside jokes are often not appreciated by everyone.

I call on the Mods to send a PM to all members in regards to the necessity of an obligatory reflection period to allow for healing and unity.