View Poll Results: .

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 94 of 199 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Steele

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    We have zero idea if this is true right now. Free appears to be prime.KyKy May but his defense is terrible and he’s not the automatic bucket everyone wants to
    Believe he is. He may develop into it but he’s no Stanley Burrell right now. We have no clue if Miles and Ramsey can play and Bishop has already been thrown on the trash heap by the coaches and seemingly everyone on this board. Unlike Guys like Derrick Brown there are zero ( other than possibly Naji who people on here call dumb) NBA caliber players on this roster so to say Steele is recruiting at Xavier’s highest level ever is unproven.
    To date, we don’t know what the hell we have other than a bunch of gold stars next to a player name. That sure worked with Bishop, huh?
    Not sure what Stanley Burrell and Derrick Brown have to do with this, but, yes, I don't disagree with you. The part of my post you cut off says if Steele's top 100 guys are more Harden/Bishop style, he's obviously not going to make it. Freemantle and Tandy are very obviously recruiting wins.

I still firmly believe there is no competent argument that Steele's recruiting isn't trending positively. You just can't make that argument (and I know you aren't trying).

Junior
    Hate to break it to you but X still isn’t a school that brings in sure fire NBA talent. Mack would’ve gotten them there, though he had his fair share of struggles.

I hate Butler so much. Got in a fight with two jack holes butler fans after. They were just sitting there yelling “Bye Bye” and flipping day fans off. Eventually I told them to please STFU and leave. Eventually the police had to come in and tell the two BUTLER assholes to leave before somebody knocks you out.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Hate to break it to you but X still isn’t a school that brings in sure fire NBA talent. Mack would’ve gotten them there, though he had his fair share of struggles.
    Exactly. Expectations are a bit out of whack, which is totally understandable after the lightning in a bottle Mack had at the end of his reign (NCAA tournament aside). I mean has Xavier ever brought in a sure fire NBA talent from day one?

This season actually is almost exactly tracking Mack's first few BE seasons. I guess everyone has forgotten that though.
    Last edited by AviatorX; 03-07-2020 at 11:16 PM.

F@CK Mack. He is the reason we lost to a Nevada as a 1 seed. His struggles will continue at Louisville too.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Sophomore
    mack was one of the worst coaches we've had in the last 40 years at developing NBA talent. Pete Gillen put two guys in the lottery. mack got better recruits and had a few second round picks. edmond sumner is his biggest success so far

Junior
    I think his track record of getting top seeds, style of play, and his ego is something that eventually attracts that type of player. Not so much him developing it.

Sophomore
    I think his track record of getting top seeds, style of play, and his ego is something that eventually attracts that type of player. Not so much him developing it.
    ah okay yea i misread that

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    mack was one of the worst coaches we've had in the last 40 years at developing NBA talent. Pete Gillen put two guys in the lottery. mack got better recruits and had a few second round picks. edmond sumner is his biggest success so far
    I'll never understand how Xavier has had guys like Tyrone Hill, Aaron Williams, Derek Strong, James Posey, David West when we were in shit conferences. All of those guys were bonafide NBA players that had long careers.

We won't make that last 2% Travis Steele talks so much about until we start getting legit NBA talent. Either top ranked recruits that are sure fire studs or developing guys that end up as NBA talents; not borderline NBA guys that end up in the G-league or in some obsure European league.

Just look at what Obi Toppin has done for Dayton this year.

I'll never understand how Xavier has had guys like Tyrone Hill, Aaron Williams, Derek Strong, James Posey, David West when we were in shit conferences. All of those guys were bonafide NBA players that had long careers.

We won't make that last 2% Travis Steele talks so much about until we start getting legit NBA talent. Either top ranked recruits that are sure fire studs or developing guys that end up as NBA talents; not borderline NBA guys that end up in the G-league or in some obsure European league.

Just look at what Obi Toppin has done for Dayton this year.

After Steele's first 2 years, we might be back to about 80%.