View Poll Results: .

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 139 of 199 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1987

Thread: Coach Steele

I just find it a bit incredible that a kid who got offers from the likes of X, Mississippi and Texas Tech is now having to play NAIA ball because he apparently doesn't have the ability to compete even at the low D1 level. There were a lot of big misses when evaluating his abilities back in high school.

I have to say that I feel bad for Harden. I doubt this is how he envisioned his career going.
    Last edited by XU 87; 07-29-2020 at 01:12 PM.

He apparently got his shot to fall a lot in high school, but the first time I saw him shoot I wondered what the hell he was doing. His shot was ugly as all hell for a "shooter". Not the kind of J you feel particularly confident about going in consistently just from the eyeball test.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    He apparently got his shot to fall a lot in high school, but the first time I saw him shoot I wondered what the hell he was doing. His shot was ugly as all hell for a "shooter". Not the kind of J you feel particularly confident about going in consistently just from the eyeball test.
    See also, Dahmir Bishop's shot.
    Last edited by XU 87; 07-29-2020 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    I just find it a bit incredible that a kid who got offers from the likes of X, Mississippi and Texas Tech is now having to play NAIA ball because he apparently doesn't have the ability to compete even at the low D1 level. There were a lot of big misses when evaluating his abilities back in high school.

I have to say that I feel bad for Harden. I doubt this is how he envisioned his career going.
    I can’t help but speculate that some coach somewhere pointed him toward Georgetown, KY with the idea that he goes there for a year, gets some playing time, and then transfers back to a higher level school if he plays really well there.

Wasn’t there another highly rated X player that transferred to Georgetown, KY when things didn’t work out? Maybe back in the 1980’s or 1990’s? A forward/center type player?

BTW....Georgetown won the NAIA National Championship in 2019
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 07-29-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    I can’t help but speculate that some coach somewhere pointed him toward Georgetown, KY with the idea that he goes there for a year, gets some playing time, and then transfers back to a higher level school if he plays really well there.

Wasn’t there another highly rated X player that transferred to Georgetown, KY when things didn’t work out? Maybe back in the 1980’s or 1990’s? A forward/center type player?
    Brian Grant is from Georgetown Oh?
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Brian Grant is from Georgetown Oh?
    Nah, I’m pretty sure there was a player who got into the doghouse at X and transferred to GT College. This was back when transferring was not real common, but with them being an NAIA school it meant he didn’t have to sit out a year. I live in Kentucky, so I would remember it only because GT is a somewhat local college to me. The Bengals used to have their training camp there too, so I’ve been down to the college a few times to watch them.

Just got the lightning bolt from Steele. Ben Stanley from Hampton just committed.

Sophomore
    Ben Stanley looks real good..I am shocked but it says he can play right away. Sounds like a Kellan Martin type and that is high praise. How is this possible that Kunkel and Stanley fall into our lap with a strong incoming class plus Scruggs, Zach Carter, Kyky, Dionte. Ramsey will have to step up it seems.
    A first team all-league performer this year in the Big South, Stanley is expected to compete for playing time right away all over the court for Steele and the Musketeers.

About Stanley, one Big South coach told 247Sports, “He is an absolute monster. He can score and he really knows how to get to the foul line. He is just a freakishly strong player.”

He scored 22 ppg. They had a spotty year but made the conference finals and he seemed like a constant force looking at the box score.
    Last edited by whopper; 07-29-2020 at 06:16 PM.

Didn't know where to post this, but here it is for those who missed it.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...er/5487373002/

We have a pulse.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Didn't know where to post this, but here it is for those who missed it.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...er/5487373002/

We have a pulse.
    More transfer in, more transfer out. It is what it is. Frosh might fight and sweat to earn a 4 minute playing time spot.