View Poll Results: .

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 69 of 199 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Steele

Glad we are not Virginia fans after swinging and missing against UMBC. You never know how a team does after gathering thoughts. looking at those suicidal students and fans was kinda cool.
    Last edited by xukeith; 02-23-2020 at 07:25 PM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    I know I started this thread but I like Travis now. It’s clear he is getting the most out of these guys. The problem is these guys are awful shooters, not much you can do about that. The defense has been great and when we get some
    Shooters in here we are going to be hard to stop.
    but will the shooters defend?

i don't like blaming all of our problems on personnel

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Mack sucked end of story and he still sucks at ville. I have no evidence to really back this up but he sucks.
    Pure, raw emotion can be a great rationalizing motivator. I feel that same way and that's what I tell myself, anyway.
    Pray the Rosary daily

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    but will the shooters defend?

i don't like blaming all of our problems on personnel
    Learning how to dribble in traffic is not one of this team's strong suites. That is one of, if not the biggest reasons for all of the turnovers.
    Pray the Rosary daily

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Glad we are not Virginia fans after swinging and missing against UMBC. You never know how a team does after gathering thoughts. looking at those suicidal students and fans was kinda cool.
    Glad I'm not an Auburn fan toilet papering trees on Toomer's Corner and doing S-E-C chants only to learn they lost the game instead to UVa.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Do you think more people remember that or blowing the game against Florida State. And didn’t they share it or something? They were stomped twice that year by Nova.
    They were stomped by Nova twice but Nova had one more loss than us, we did not share the BE championship.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    And not getting out of the first weekend? Screw that...I'll take a 6 seed and a final four trip over that crap
    Which coach had a more successful career at X than Mack?

Can we please move on from Mack? Jeez

We have another coach to complain about now........

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Yes after those game, I was feeling pretty bullish we had turned the corner. The last 3 have been shitty performances. We escaped St J's and were very, very lucky. Its one game at a time for this team. MUST win on Tuesday.
    We were very lucky vs St. Johns and our "offense" is stuck in the mud offensive. We scored 55 freaking points at home in a big game when Villanova shot 25% from 3 and although Butler had an off game at home, we couldn't come close to scoring 70 like Georgetown did there. I was at that game Saturday and Wright knew exactly where our guys would be and knew exactly what to throw up against us. We run the same freaking set every time, one that takes Tyrique or some other big away from the basket so, even though we may have a size advantage, we never get offensive rebounds to score from. And forget ever seeing a back door cut from this team even though the opposition is pressing us out top. Villanova is not a turnover forcing team but we had 13 to their 9 and they had 8 steals against us because they knew exactly what we were going to do.
    The lack of utilization of all of our weapons through a Creighton-like multiple screen, wing cut, offense is mind boggling as is our lack of constant movement. We STILL throw the ball around the arc, have Ty come up to set one high screen, then it's HEY, one-on-one basketball with either Naji or Scruggs- sometimes rather than shooting, making a post feed into a double team.
    More Cronin-like every game that goes by.

Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    Don’t ever apologize about a road win in New York at Madison Square Garden, in the Big East. St Johns was desperate and had just beaten Providence. They felt they still had a chance. St. John’s forces 17 turnover per game in the Big East. Butler turned it over 23 times against them. St. John’s beat Arizona and West Virginia. Every win in the Big East is a good win this year. Frankly X might be the least talented team in the Big East. I think every other team has at least one NBA player at some point. I don’t think Xavier does.
    Nah. An apology is in order. It took a missed free throw from a 78% FT shooter on the front end of a 1-1 to even give us a chance to have the Naji-Zach scoring play. And St. Johns was without one of their best players in Heron who conributed to that WVA win and averaged 14 PPG. And for you to say that X is the least talented team in the Big East is ridiculous. The talent has been shown before. They've just been coached down through an awful offensive "system". We've scored 64, 61, 77(albeit vs an uptempo frantic team St. Johns, and 55 points in our last 4 games. We are easily defensed now through scouting, the sets are simplistic and do not take full advantage of these guys' talents---at all.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    as is our lack of constant movement.
    This is the major thing that bothers me about this team.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.