X in March Madness!

"He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Bump.

(I needed to give my spirits a lift)
    Last edited by paulxu; 03-10-2022 at 10:10 AM.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

First, thanks for sharing the video. B Brown may be the baddest of all the bad ass players X ever had. Oh, if he would have stayed his senior year.

The video would have been so perfect had we won (and by 15 or more points) yesterday. I wanted to watch it and feel proud, but I just kept shake my head (as every X player from the mid 80s all the way up to Mack’s last roster probably would) and feeling sicker and sicker in my stomach. What did this Coach do to us?

If X doesn’t get into the dance (which it doesn’t seem likely at this point) there wll officially be zero players on next year’s roster who have been to the dance. This might possibly me off most about Steele four years of failure.*

The next time X does make the dance, there will be zero leaders who can say “Guy’s I’ve been through this before. You can lean on me. We are X. We will win and advance that is what we do.” No we have to try to rebuild that feeling again. Thank you Coach “there are many games still to play” Steele for that. You deserve some serious credit for all your, “I told my guys” after those horrible losses this year due to your system of green lighting everyone to jack up 3s if they are open. Your uncanny ability to take a lineup that is worrying and careful remove the hot players with a few who will inevitably turn the ball over with a bad pass a bad shot. This team never seemed to quite gel. Nor did last years. Nor did the team the year before that one. Do we see a pattern.

I really do not appreciate when a coach who is not finding success refuses to re-examine and reevaluate his approach. Saying “part of this it on me” is not enough. He had said he would fix it and never really does what more do we need to know. He is a Nice guy who clearly is not open to or more likely not capable of making the changes necessary to get better and bring this team to the next level. He never seems to have great chemistry on his team. Rarely is there a good flow or cohesiveness. Players just keep making bad decisions and the coach can’t seem to guide them to the way of good decisions.

* Failure for an X coach is not getting into the tournament.
    Last edited by IM4X; 03-10-2022 at 11:07 AM.