View Poll Results: .

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 199 of 199 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199
Results 1,981 to 1,987 of 1987

Thread: Coach Steele

Without question, Steele has a LOT of challenges in coaching this team.
    And this is not to defend him...but damn, that game was lost because we shot 44% from the FT line.
    Just make 1 more, that's all 1...and there's not OT.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    And this is not to defend him...but damn, that game was lost because we shot 44% from the FT line.
    Paul, it should not have come down to even that.
    X A V I E R

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I encourage you to watch the X v. WVU game linked by Muskie in his thread, “March Madness Memories, Poll #1”. You will find a team that almost never missed free throws. Not to mention— onions everywhere. They were so clearly a product of their coach.
    Bjork Vanishes After Fan Tricks Her Into Saying Name Backwards ~ TheHardTimes.netb

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Paul, it should not have come down to even that.
    I agree...it should not.
    But it did. You have to make more than 44%...especially when you're given 29 chances. That's free money you are pissing away.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Christopher and the administration to Steele after 4 seasons and tonight’s performance.

Last edited by American X; 03-10-2022 at 08:54 AM.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Today's L isn't on Steele. But, I look at the entire body of work. The last 4 years have not shown me a single thing that I can point at to defend him. It's time. If he stays, I would be very surprised if season ticket sales don't take a steep nosedive. I've also pointed out that I expect at least 1-2 transfers to move on. Depending on who it is, that could be damaging for him as well.
    Exactly. This one game, in a vacuum, isn't all Steele's fault. But looking at the last 4 years (especially the last 3) in totality, you can't keep making excuses for Steele. Different players, same sorry results, so late season collapses. It is on Steele.

Can you imagine the buzz and excitement if Sean Miller returns as coach? If he wants it, they have to make the move. Even if he doesn't, a move is needed.

Time for a change.

#SaveTheProgram
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Today's L isn't on Steele. But, I look at the entire body of work. The last 4 years have not shown me a single thing that I can point at to defend him. It's time. If he stays, I would be very surprised if season ticket sales don't take a steep nosedive. I've also pointed out that I expect at least 1-2 transfers to move on. Depending on who it is, that could be damaging for him as well.
    I usually agree with what you have to say (and I even agree with much of this post of yours) but this game is very much on Steele.

Once again he did not have his team prepared.

Once again he allowed his team to jack up a bunch of early, quick three’s (looking at you Kunkel and Hunter and Nunge) instead of telling his team to work it inside to Nunge (who had a huge height advantage in the paint and who was scoring at will early on).

Once again, Steele subbed out players that were playing well and kept in players who were cold as ice and even added another bad shooter who of course missed a 3 too.

This is like Bill Murray in Groundhog’s Day, minus the part where he figures it out.

With even adequate coaching, X could have had a 10 point lead going into the half. That would have given the team a little more swagger and it likely turns into an easy win- even with the missed FTs.
    Last edited by IM4X; 03-10-2022 at 01:59 AM.