Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 1 of 199 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Steele

Coach Steele

And go...
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

No, they were saying boooo....urns.

No.
    X A V I E R

I am going to speak up when I think a coach isn’t doing his best or if a coach isn’t good enough.

In Steele’s case, I believe he is simply not coaching nearly to the level he is capable. His players are doing a lot of the same stupid things they’ve been doing for a long, long time and he apparently has not been doing enough to fix it. He absolutely has earned criticism as have his players.

Still, I am nowhere near ready for the “Fire Steele” conversation. I am simply at the “WTF&$@$” Steele... “You and your team should be so much better and smarter than this” stage.

not His fault players miss shots but he is clearly being out coached. I think he needs new bench coaches. We are all frustrated and I started this thread tongue in cheek but I’m very concerned right now.
    Last edited by OTRMUSKIE; 01-11-2020 at 03:52 PM.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Freshman
    No. He lost himself as a great assistant. He lost Murray & others. He may not have good assistants right now. Their importance is often overlooked. He was outcoached by iconic Jay Wright, McDermott with 500 career wins & an established coach at Seton Hall. His Core 4 got us to the NIT last year & that was only due to a late season surge. His supporting cast is no better this year than last year. I do wish he'd finally say, "The lineup I've been playing isn't getting it done." Then he might try starting KyKy or Freemantle with Jones at the same time. Maybe even go back to Leighton Schrand for a game to send a message. Just remember, when Coach Steele gets good after 5 or so seasons, he can then leave like ALL the others have done

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    not His fault players miss shots but he is clearly being out coached. I think he needs new bench coaches. We are all frustrated and I started this thread tongue in cheek but I’m very concerned right now.
    Coaching has nothing to do with multiple players missing wide open threes. They weren’t even guarding Goodin. The guy can’t shoot.

[QUOTE=Maybe even go back to Leighton Schrand for a game to send a message. [/QUOTE]

I’m speechless.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    I am going to speak up when I think a coach isn’t doing his best or if a coach isn’t good enough.

In Steele’s case, I believe he is simply not coaching nearly to the level he is capable. His players are doing a lot of the same stupid things they’ve been doing for a long, long time and he apparently has not been doing enough to fix it. He absolutely has earned criticism as have his players.

Still, I am nowhere near ready for the “Fire Steele” conversation. I am simply at the “WTF&$@$” Steele... “You and your team should be so much better and smarter than this” stage.
    Yes, the players share a bunch of the blame for their performance. But, Steele is the coach. It is his job to put together a plan that allows his team to play to their strengths, minimize their weaknesses and do the opposite to our opponents. It is hard to argue that he has done that. Who among us, before this season began, was lamenting "Gee we only have four starters back and that transfer from O.U. who was their best player?" We expected more. First from the players but also from our coach.

My take is that he just isn't yet ready. And that assessment probably applies to the rest of his staff as well. But, like you, there is absolutely no way I support his termination. We all need to give him time to grow into his job. It may be painful. To date, it has been painful. But, if we want a coach to be loyal to us (and, let's face it, we haven't found that coach in recent times), we need to be loyal to him. We've got to show him our commitment so he can grow and become the coach we all want him to be.

Way too early to be talking about this. As I said in another thread, if we’re struggling like this again next year and don’t make the NCAA tourney for a 3rd straight year, assuming we don’t make it this year, then his seat gets hot. He still doesn’t get fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.