Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Why?????

what was that today... all those damn 3s... Did Steele give him the green light to shoot again and again just because he was open. Ugh. Between his 3s and Moore and Carter from 3... Holy SH!+ show... Batman!!!
    I think of the pg as the quarterback of the team, and an extension of the coach on the court. Typically the team will look like what the pg looks like..and right now its following suit quite well. Q is a bitch and hes the softest player on the planet, which is what this team looked like yesterday. We got punked by freaking creighton

Relax, Mick Cronin Lite does not flinch at 21 missed three-pointers.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by vee4xu View Post
    What I said was the dude it making millions being the HC of Xavier's biggest money maker. What I said is, if he can't cut it, cut him and move on. It's all business to me. You win, you get paid. You lose, you're out. Clock is running.
    Seems to me that I’ve heard this song before......it wasn’t any good then either. That’s my opinion of your opinion.

But since you do put your money where your mouth is, you’re certainly entitled to your own opinion. Just keep in mind that many very successful coaches and programs weren’t so cold blooded when they had early struggles, and it has paid off handsomely. There’s a reason that coaches don’t normally sign ONE year contracts, and it’s the same reason that CEO’s generally don’t either. It takes time to make major changes and a CEO or coach needs to know that they will be given the time needed to make the changes they feel they need to make. Personal changes included.

The team plays hard. They don’t quit. And they do have a overall good record under Steele, even with 2 straight loses. But they don’t have good outside shooters, they don’t always play real smart, and they don’t have an abundance of inside size. These are problems, personal problems mainly. KyKy and Witcher should turn out to be big helps to the outside shooting. Odom by all accounts will help them to play smarter. Miles, Ramsey, and whomever else they bring in should help with size. But then they may still have problems with experience and it will take TIME for all of these parts to jell together and play unselfishly. Several bad recruiting classes in a row that Mack had has left X with a talent deficit. Despite the optimism that many had for the core 4 and the newcomers they are all players with certain flaws, and lack of consistency in their shooting is one that most of them share. I certainly don’t blame Steele for the deficiencies of the players that were recruited under Mack, or for the misses in recruiting that occurred under Mack. Nor do I give him a free pass when the current players don’t play smartly or unselfishly. Those ARE on him to fix. I believe he will fix them, but it won’t be easy and it won’t happen overnight.

Sophomore
    At this point, why not burn Miles redshirt to see what you have and help develop him for next year? Is it really worth it to save a year when Trav might not even be here to reap the benefits? Certainly disappointing season so far. I can't remember a four-year starter like Q who was this bad as a senior. Historically, our best teams have been led by our seniors, but this group seems to be pretty lacking in that department.

I am curious to see what Trav does with only his guys here, maybe he's clashing with the guys that were still here. Still, after a rebuilding year next year, if we aren't back to where we're used to be being, we will have some pretty big problems.

By the way, if Miles IS being redshirted, why ISN'T Ramsey redshirting? He's completely wasting a year, no?

Or is he going to redshirt? I thought maybe he'd played a couple of minutes of mop up duty, but looks like he hasn't played.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 01-12-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Sophomore
    he played against Lipscomb and had a basket..

Freshman
    There is a separate thread for James, but thought I'd touch on it here. Where was he yesterday? Had a breakout vs St John's. Basically invisible vs Seton Hall & gone vs Creighton. Miles is redshirted. I suppose Ramsey is hurt. Bishop in the portal. Is James in said portal too?

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    he played against Lipscomb and had a basket..
    Could apply for medical hardship ala Sumner.

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    At this point, why not burn Miles redshirt to see what you have and help develop him for next year? Is it really worth it to save a year when Trav might not even be here to reap the benefits? Certainly disappointing season so far. I can't remember a four-year starter like Q who was this bad as a senior. Historically, our best teams have been led by our seniors, but this group seems to be pretty lacking in that department.

I am curious to see what Trav does with only his guys here, maybe he's clashing with the guys that were still here. Still, after a rebuilding year next year, if we aren't back to where we're used to be being, we will have some pretty big problems.
    A....he’s probably not ready. Practice is one thing. BE games are another. He just turned 18, he’s still a kid. Needs to get stronger and tougher first.
    B....everyone wants a solution RIGHT NOW! But is that what is best for the program and the player in the long run?
    C....no reason to panic at this time. There are 14 BE games left.
    D....If he was the answer then he would have already been playing

All-Conference
    Miles isn't the answer to this team's woes.

It just doesn't seem Steele has control of this team. I find it impossible to believe that the gameplan was to come out and shoot jump shots against Creighton, but that's exactly what happened. It happens frequently. You continue to watch this team rely on the things that they don't do well. And it's mind boggling.

At the same time, Steele isn't going crazy on the sidelines when all we're doing is chucking brick after brick after brick. He isn't pulling guys for shooting shots they shouldn't be shooting, he doesn't seem pissed off that they're doing it, and is leading with things like "have fun" in the huddle.

The teams we playing are exposing our weaknesses and we're handing our weaknesses to them on a silver platter. That is the epitome of getting out-coached. No adjustments, no accountability, no benchings. I'm sick of watching the game play out the same way every night they take the floor.