Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Freshman
    Some think Naji & Scruggs will forego their Senior years. I don't see either getting to the G league & not even overseas big right away. If they were that good, we'd have more wins last year & this year. We were down 51-48 today & Naji was so determined to carry the team that on the next possession he became a mad man that bounced the ball off his own leg and out of bounce. NBA & overseas scouts can look at Naji's lowlight reels (vs hilight reels) & see he still needs a work. Can Naji or Scruggs enter the transfer portal? That's what concerns me.

Xavier's KenPom fell to 45 after today. 68 on offense and an "elite" 39 on defense.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Xavier's KenPom fell to 45 after today. 68 on offense and an "elite" 39 on defense.
    I actually thought we would be worse than 68 on offense. Defense could not get key stops today, or verse Seton Hall. In addition to our offensive woes.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I totally agree.

For those of you who believe Steele should be fired immediately, and I do understand that this is rather anecdotal, go look up Jay Wright’s record at Villanova in his first three years.

Nonetheless, we are in for a long year. There isn’t enough talent behind the arc and collective talent above the neck for this team to turn it around and have a successful season.
    Nice post

Obviously Steele is to be held accountable but the other stuff? People got to realize recruits want stability at the HC position, even more than current rankings and tournament results. Could you imagine if Steele is let go? We could kiss some of the 2020 class good bye and probably some of our freshman. Talk about a rebuild losing two coaches in two years. As for tourney results, Mack struck out in 2018 class and that was after an elite 8 year.

Dropping like a rock on the defensive side of the ball - from 19 to 39 in about 4 games.

This is officially just a mediocre team.

I am sooo happy there is football to watch. I need a distraction.

Behind UC

Freshman
    Wow. Great call. I remember that game. Lville v X great Alaska shootout.

Name one thing this team does well. Seriously please name one. I find that almost incredible. Sorry, but that's coaching in a nutshell. I'm not suggesting Steele be fired at this point, but I certainly don't feel great about the fact that we resemble nothing of what we have seen Xavier do the last 25 years.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Nice post

Obviously Steele is to be held accountable but the other stuff? People got to realize recruits want stability at the HC position, even more than current rankings and tournament results. Could you imagine if Steele is let go? We could kiss some of the 2020 class good bye and probably some of our freshman. Talk about a rebuild losing two coaches in two years. As for tourney results, Mack struck out in 2018 class and that was after an elite 8 year.
    The same thing could happen by sticking with him. It’s a Choose Your Own Adventure... with 35 years of Program growth at stake.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"