Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Brown, Lumpkin or Williams must have been in double digits, because there was no one else on that team.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Brown, Lumpkin or Williams must have been in double digits, because there was no one else on that team.
    All of them.
    Brown- 12.5
    Lumpkin- 11.2
    Williams- 12.3

Good call. Heck of a class

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Thanks. But it's more like I'm out and wanted to catch up like an hour later. No worries, though, the restaurant I'm at has wifi, so I can watch on my phone!
    FYI...you can watch replays On Demand using the Fox Sports Go App (it launches in the Fox Sports App). I think they’re available pretty quickly after the game (just checked this AM and it’s there).

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    off the bench? no. byron averaged 17 a game as a freshman... so absurd (shooting 53% by the way, man is the goat)

other than that, some notable freshmen:
    Trevon Bluiett: 11 ppg
    David West: 11.7 ppg
    Tyrone Hill: 8.8 ppg
    Brian Grant: 11.6 ppg
    Romain Sato: 10.7 ppg

lets just say that 10-15 ppg would be putting him in some elite company
    From the category of "there was no one else on the team," Semaj Christon averaged 15.2 as a freshman. He obviously wasn't coming off the bench to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by hydmuskie View Post
    The biggest revelation for me was the emergence of KyKy - if Steele can get him into the flow of the game - and he can deliver 10 - 15 pts a game - that will force teams to defend us differently. I realize that this is not all on Steele - Kyky has to get into game shape and be available to play 20 - 25 mins a game on a regular basis AND still have his legs under him.

That could really open things up for Scruggs and Naji - if you have kyky lurking at the 3 Pt line for set piece kickouts.
    If we can get KyKy to average 10+ PPG the rest of the way, that would be huge of course. His teammates need to look for him more too. He was 4-4 from 3 PT range at one point in the 2nd half. Instead of continuing to go with the hot hand we had a couple of possessions in a row where he didn't even touch the ball once we got into our offense. That should NEVER happen. Also, look forward to seeing his game open up more as well. He has the quickness and speed to get to the rim as well......
    Last edited by bleedXblue; 01-06-2020 at 06:52 AM.

We are not the worst in BE play!

SJU, Villanova and DePaul are all worse through 2 games in BE play at shooting 3 pointers.
    https://kenpom.com/conf.php?c=BE

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    We are not the worst in BE play!

SJU, Villanova and DePaul are all worse through 2 games in BE play at shooting 3 pointers.
    https://kenpom.com/conf.php?c=BE
    This number is going to continue to get better with KyKy getting more minutes. Make no mistake that we aren't going to lead the league, but would expect north of 30%.....hopefully somewhere around 32-33% as a team gets you to at least respectability.

I see this as Q and Naji take fewer 3's and KyKy gets 4-5 a game. Addition by subtraction in a way. I have no doubt KyKy is going to shoot north of 35% for the year. Hopefully near 40%.

Do you know how in cardiac surgery they use a mesh to reconstruct and hold together arteries? Do you think they could use that mesh to keep some of our guy's brains from falling out of their heads during games?

Otherwise, it was nice to win.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    off the bench? no. byron averaged 17 a game as a freshman... so absurd (shooting 53% by the way, man is the goat)

other than that, some notable freshmen:
    Trevon Bluiett: 11 ppg
    David West: 11.7 ppg
    Tyrone Hill: 8.8 ppg
    Brian Grant: 11.6 ppg
    Romain Sato: 10.7 ppg

lets just say that 10-15 ppg would be putting him in some elite company
    How dare you forget about Stan! He averaged 12.7 ppg as a freshman. Shot 47% from the field and 37% from three.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    How dare you forget about Stan! He averaged 12.7 ppg as a freshman. Shot 47% from the field and 37% from three.
    I thought about including Stan actually. He was great his freshman year