Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Fan View Post
    Agree, you don’t keep him in there “just because” he’s a 4 yr starter. What I meant was while he’s struggling a bit, Q adds a ton of value. No need to “throw out the baby with the bath water”. I feel not using Q would be a big loss. Let’s see Q finish strong and cap off his X career with great success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's a necessary piece to this team's success, no doubt, but if he's going to continue to not value possessions as the point guard, less minutes in crunch time may be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    He's a necessary piece to this team's success, no doubt, but if he's going to continue to not value possessions as the point guard, less minutes in crunch time may be necessary.
    Out of the top 10 assist guys in the BE, Q is #1 in AST/TO ratio.....a full point higher than BU PG Thompson. Now that's basically for the 10 guys that handle the ball the most, so to say he doesn't value possessions would have to be argued from a different perspective.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

All the KyKy hype is yet to be proven as justified. It may take him, like Scruggs, to be a significant contributor late in February because it is not clicking yet. What has he done? He is the best shooter of 3's in practice. Best in game performance is 4 shots and 8 points. He is not playing with confidence. He defers to all other players.
    I hope the light bulb goes on for him sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Out of the top 10 assist guys in the BE, Q is #1 in AST/TO ratio.....a full point higher than BU PG Thompson. Now that's basically for the 10 guys that handle the ball the most, so to say he doesn't value possessions would have to be argued from a different perspective.
    Q has an unacceptably high turnover rate. I am probably his biggest defender on here, but there's no defense for that number (24.4).

All-Conference
    Fair enough. But he does turn the ball over alot.

As I said in the other thread, to me, this isn't a testament on Q as a player. I actually think he's played pretty well. I also think he's a very good player. But him being in the game limits Xavier's ability to get more efficient on the offensive end because he's basically ignored off the ball. It allows defenses to basically play 5 on 4 because they're going to let him shoot. That makes it very hard for everyone else to execute.

He has had some poorly timed turnovers but for the most part, if he gets those shots, he has to take them. I just think him being in that situation does more to hurt the team than help. That doesn't mean he shouldn't play, but I do think different personnel moves would help.

Sophomore
    65 players in the Big East have played 40% of their team's minutes this year, of that group, Goodin is 57th with TO% of 24.4%. Scruggs is only marginally better at 55th, at 23.9%.

Sophomore
    I actually don't know what you're looking at, but of the Top 10 assist guys in the Big East, he is dead last at 1.66 Ass't to TO. The other 9 are, in order of their assists per game:

Quentin's 1.66

https://bigeastconf_ftp.sidearmsport...S.HTM#conf.wki

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    All the KyKy hype is yet to be proven as justified. It may take him, like Scruggs, to be a significant contributor late in February because it is not clicking yet. What has he done? He is the best shooter of 3's in practice. Best in game performance is 4 shots and 8 points. He is not playing with confidence. He defers to all other players.
    I hope the light bulb goes on for him sooner.
    Did you miss he part where he was hurt and missed the first handful of games? Seriously he just starting to get comfortable. NO ONE projected him to be a starter or stud from Day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Did you miss he part where he was hurt and missed the first handful of games? Seriously he just starting to get comfortable. NO ONE projected him to be a starter or stud from Day 1.
    It is early still?
    Lots of chatter about Kyky as the offensive guy to save this X defensive team. That is asking a lot of a frosh. Most frosh don't contribute. Coach Steele says he has to learn how to play defense. He is a one man run. One game againgst a non NCAA tourney team. The jury is still out. 17-1 in Big East.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    It is early still?
    Lots of chatter about Kyky as the offensive guy to save this X defensive team. That is asking a lot of a frosh. Most frosh don't contribute. Coach Steele says he has to learn how to play defense. He is a one man run. One game againgst a non NCAA tourney team. The jury is still out. 17-1 in Big East.
    Whatever. I have no idea WTF you are talking about sometimes. He has been talked about as an offensive weapon to help make some 3's this year. The kid needs more minutes. He's been held back with an injury and I think Steele has been a little more protective than he really needs to be. That pretty much is it. He's gonna be a good player.