Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Butler blew a 21-point halftime lead, yet came back in the final minute to get an important win at St. John's last night. It broke a 3-game losing streak for them at Carnesecca Arena.
    The was a fun second half to watch. Thought St John’s was going to pull it out. Impressive since Heron was out and Figueroa was on the bench with his 4th at the 16 minute mark of the second. Kudos to Anderson for keeping him on the bench until the final minutes and stuck with the hot hand.

well we have our annual loss at nova out of the way early. run the table now.

2023 Sweet 16

Georgetown has now been blown out twice. Lose at home to St. John's in their next game, and it's probably curtains on their season.

Marquette is a two point favorite over Villanova tomorrow. That line just screams for a bet on Marquette.

Sophomore
    the Big East has always had great teams without great "metrics" players or one and does who impress the NBA scouts. Our "core 4", Diallo, Powell, Howard, Baldwin really everyone except maybe Paul Reed is not really a guaranteed NBA player. Still has been a great league for the real fans and I treat the Big East almost like the 10 team NBA I grew up with in early 70s..follow all the recruits, grad transfer etc. Lets hope for a tourney invite this year and that the veteran players can get us over the finish line. In fact damn Villanova with Hart, Archidiacamo, Pascal, Spellman, Divencenzo, Bridges, Brunson (maybe Booth) have more NBA players than any college team I can recall back to UCLA which shows they had the "metrics" and the skill/teamwork to vex us and the rest of the Big East.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Last edited by whopper; 01-04-2020 at 06:19 AM.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Go ahead and pencil in Butler to the Top 10 after today's game.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Go ahead and pencil in Butler to the Top 10 after today's game.
    for sure I still don't know how they are doing it

I watch and just don't see a ton of talent........but, what do I know......

I sure hope our players are watching what Butler and Dayton are doing right now.......

What VD is doing right now is illegal. They will be on probation as soon as the people in charge figure it out. The balls are deflated or they are using some extra pine tar. The good news is they are still VD and when they fall this year and they will because remember they are VD, it will be that much more enjoyable.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    for sure I still don't know how they are doing it
    46% shooting, team basketball constantly in motion.
    Multiple screens, pick/rolls, drives-draw defenders in paint-dish for easy layups.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.