Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Xmas from Steele

I just want one thing... Keep the drinks, don't pay my bar tab... Please don't get beat by Nova by 20 in the first 10 min. Be competitive and have a chance to win at the end. Im tired of games at Nova being over before they start.

I just assume they will lose. We are Dayton to these guys. Until we break the spell I will always chalk this up as a lost. Kansas couldn’t win there how can we?
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    I just assume they will lose. We are Dayton to these guys. Until we break the spell I will always chalk this up as a lost. Kansas couldn’t win there how can we?
    You live dangerously. Don't you worry that SNIPE will come through the internet and kill you in your sleep?
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    You live dangerously. Don't you worry that SNIPE will come through the internet and drunk post from your computer at dawn?
    Fixed that for you. And GO easy ON the CAPS

I watched the Kansas game. Nova did not shoot the ball well. Something like 28% from 3. I am sure they will torch us from deep as they usually do. I like Swider and Bey is playing better this year. They don't deviate from their system and style of play. Give them credit. Since we have not played a complete game yet....and that's what it would take to beat them at home, I am not optimistic. Nova by 12
    Last edited by bleedXblue; 12-23-2019 at 08:20 AM.

I am tempted to pick Xavier to lose for the first time ever - which is why I am rarely, if ever, even in the running for that particular endeavor.

I know Villy has their flaws this year and do not seem as dominant, but I sure like their chances of righting their ship come conference play (as evidenced vis-a-vis Kansas).

Xavier, sadly, are much less likely, it seems, to make similar necessary changes toward improvement.

Who knows, they may play out of their minds, shoot 3's and free throws at a decent rate and play impressive enough defense to not allow Nova to score at will.

I would not put my meager, hard earned cash on it. But since "pick the score" don't cost nothin (channeling my inner Belluci)...I will only be sacrificing Xavierhoops pride.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

All-Conference
    Good time for the "everything goes right" game.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I watched the Kansas game. Nova did not shoot the ball well. Something like 28% from 3. I am sure they will torch us from deep as they usually do. I like Swider and Bey is playing better this year. They don't deviated from their system and style of play. Give them credit. Since we have not played a complete game yet....and that's what it would take to beat them at home, I am not optimistic. Nova by 12
    I watched the game as well but it was some winning ugly. That system/style bricked 31 3's in their own building. Has that ever been done? But you're right, they do have the dude in the 5K suit. Unfortunately if we don't get a Philly W now, it may be a few years, so I'm thinking yesterday's effort gets it done. This Nova roster is not that impressive but hard to find anyone that agrees. I guess they could be considered as athletic as us but not as physical by a long shot.....can't wait for Jones to introduce himself to JRE!!!

BTW, Virginia has a "system" but can be soundly beaten by better players. Like the saying goes, It's a players game.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 12-23-2019 at 08:30 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Virginia has stellar defense but this now young team like X last year, has ZERO offense. They can't shoot. X vs. Virginia would truly be a brick layer's dream.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Virginia has stellar defense but this now young team like X last year, has ZERO offense. They can't shoot. X vs. Virginia would truly be a brick layer's dream.
    Comparing Xavier's offense to Virginia's is an insult. Virginia's offense is as bad as some fans think Xavier's offense is.