Sophomore

Big East looking very good this week ..Hope X can keep up their end

Seton Hall over Maryland(w/o Powell and Mama)
    Butler over Purdue (no Haarms on Purdue)
    Villanova over Kansas
    Providence over Texas in rout
    Georgetown wins
    Depaul Creighton looking very good
    St Johns over W Virginia last week
    This league is loaded and competitive

I'm going to the game and I'm nervous.
    I have a podcast. Sometimes we talk about Xavier: You. Me. Cincy.
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.

Probably guilty of overreacting, but I think tomorrow’s game is very big. Win tomorrow and .500 in league play gets X to 20 wins. Going over .500 in this league would be very difficult. 20 wins in this league should get X in the tourney. When the teams with the 2 worst records just beat No. 7 without their two best players (SH over Maryland) and the other beat the crap out of Texas...oy.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    We better get our act together ASAP. This league is a Beast, and we will pay the price unless we start playing more consistently (well).
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Yesterday was actually a really good day for the BE for multiple reasons of course....but if your X, you don't want to be the only program this weekend with an L. Better be motivation for these guys.......

The Big East surged ahead of the Big XII in Sagarin ratings after the big day yesterday. Only the Big Ten is ahead of the Big East now, and only slightly.

If X can go 9-9 in BE, that will secure a bid. 9 BE wins is a lot of Q1 and Q2 wins.
    This might be the best the BE has ever been top through bottom.

If 1 team has a 12-6 record and everyone else ends up 9-9, BE will have at least 7 bids.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    If X can go 9-9 in BE, that will secure a bid. 9 BE wins is a lot of Q1 and Q2 wins.
    This might be the best the BE has ever been top through bottom.

If 1 team has a 12-6 record and everyone else ends up 9-9, BE will have at least 7 bids.
    Previous reports seemed to indicate the league was down a bit, but more competitive - particularly if Nova and X are not as dominant (admitting last year's blip).

The weekend's performance seems to put some of that to rest (the "down" but not the "competitive").

Time to put on our big boy pants.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.