Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    From a scheduling prospective I am not sure the Wake series is good for Xavier. Most years Wake is going to lose a lot of games in the Acc. Not a good win in most years, but could be a bad loss.

How much longer do we have to play wake? It was a ten game contract I believe and they switched it to every other year.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoeMusketeer View Post
    Can we all agree 10-3 / 9-9 / 19-12, with this non-con schedule, isn't going to be good enough for an NCAA bid? So, it is pretty clear what needs to be done in their remaining 20 games, and winning on Saturday in Forth Worth would be a great start.

I'll admit, I was WAY wrong before the year, I thought this was a 25 win basketball team...they have played, to date, way below what I was expecting, given all that they returned ("the core four").
    I hope we perform better than that, not sure we will by much, we will see, but I would not say definitively that wouldn't get us in. Would depend on a lot.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    They always released the official RPI the Monday after thanksgiving. That was always real out of whack early on as well, but no one completely flipped out over it because they understood it was just too early to be a reliable indicator. Last year when the NET came out the internet almost broke. So, they decided to wait. Now people are still flipping out.

I don’t get it. They publish batting averages and league standings and all that stuff all season long. People put it in the proper context. Not with the NET though. I’m in favor of publishing it after the first week even if it isn’t all that reliable. I mean, why not? But for some reason everyone loses their minds whenever they see the NET early on, which is actually why they pushed it back.
    I agree. Let everyone in the world access the rating and formulas. Be transparent. What are you afraid of?

[QUOTE=xukeith;659884]I agree. Let everyone in the world access the rating and formulas. Be transparent. What are you afraid of?[/QUOT
    Good news! X moved up one spot to 70 after yesterday's news.
    http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2020/net

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavgrad08 View Post
    From a scheduling prospective I am not sure the Wake series is good for Xavier. Most years Wake is going to lose a lot of games in the Acc. Not a good win in most years, but could be a bad loss.
    it's horrible for us

If i remember correctly road wins gain most points and home losses are the worst.

And we've neither lost at home nor won on the road. So we're middling. Yay, middling!

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    How much longer do we have to play wake? It was a ten game contract I believe and they switched it to every other year.
    They do a home-and-away followed by 2 off years in perpetuity now.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    They do a home-and-away followed by 2 off years in perpetuity now.
    Forever? Please make it stop!!!
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield