Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    I doubt that Freemantle and Jones on the floor together will work, as neither has shown they have any range. Maybe Zach has it, and/or it can be developed. And they both need to shoot at the back of the rim.

Sophomore
    not on tv but used app to follow play by play from a boring party. I doubt we had a "kill" tonight (or very few) as every time we had it to a one possession game I would see an entry "brown layup" or "Childress foul shot 1" and we would be behind the eight ball again. Looking for a little more from Tandy and Moore and only 2 game to big east. Also last 2 games Jones had 2 fouls immediately and that has to stop(he had a poor game I must admit). Carter is Carter and hope he gets a little more confident, and Freemantle on road did not get much done with Tyrique out. Oliver Saar their leading scorer not there but Brown stepped up. Who knows but I am impressed by all the Big East tams (including us) and would probably settle for 10-8 or even 9-9 now. Butler looks locked and loaded and Creighton too; can't think of a weak time and I would never sell Providence short or even St Johns

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    I'd hate to read your posts if we lost at home to Evansville or S.F. Autin.
    Almost posted the same. Guess on the road to an ACC opponent with ties to our program (ok old) equals loss at home vs the fore mention.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Almost posted the same. Guess on the road to an ACC opponent with ties to our program (ok old) equals loss at home vs the fore mention.
    We're really going to compare ourselves to Duke and Kentucky? That is a blip on their radar. Duke also beat Michigan St. and Kansas. UK beat MSU as well.

Xavier hasn't beaten a good team yet. Maybe UConn.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Duke and UK are loaded with a bunch of freshman and a few sophmores. Highly rated ones, but they'll both be top 4 seeds come March.
    So you're saying better teams than us lost to worse teams than Wake at home. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    X essentially did. Wake is effing awful
    NO!!! Wake is better than Evansville and S.F. Austin. And we lost to them on the road, not at home.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by waggy View Post
    I doubt that Freemantle and Jones on the floor together will work, as neither has shown they have any range. Maybe Zach has it, and/or it can be developed. And they both need to shoot at the back of the rim.
    Hankins + Jones didn’t have range and that pair still worked really well last year. Steele even mentioned in his last press conference that he needs to get Freemantle and Jones both on the court at the same time and how Hankins and Jones were great together when he finally put them out together late last season.

Frankly, I’m surprised he didn’t even try it. Those two bigs on offense would have been much harder for Wake to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    The potential for serious foul trouble with no backup for Freemantle makes that a pretty risky strategy in my opinion. I also believe, understanding that others may disagree, Carter and Moore will be O.K. Still, I think it is valid to consider different lineup changes---particularly when players don't seem to be focused. And, tonight they just didn't seem focused---how can that be? Finally, for all the talk about the defensive intensity of this team, tonight's version of defense was enough to make me puke.
    Actually, I think having both Freemantle and Jones in together would mean less fouls for each because there would be less territory for each to cover. Hankins and Jones didn’t get into much fouls trouble when they were in together last year- instead they dominated the boards - for easier buckets and had more blocks.

X’s defense today was indeed a bit of a joke for long stretches.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    So you're saying better teams than us lost to worse teams than Wake at home. Got it.

NO!!! Wake is better than Evansville and S.F. Austin. And we lost to them on the road, not at home.
    I feel comfortable saying Duke and uk will rebound and 100% be tourney teams and probably 2nd weekend teams, can you say the same for x? That's the point.

Wake sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Carter must be amazing in practice because he does nothing in games to justify starting or getting the minutes he does.
    I’ve heard of needing to get some rust off, but apparently his is 3 or 4 layers deep.

Junior
    Time for a couple no more mr niceguy practices, followed by Q and Jones starting on the bench. Honestly could they look any worse ? Benching is Steele's only threat.